Albany NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello, I have the OmniLogic app for my Hayward SWG (T-15 aqua rite), Hayward VS pump, and Hayward heater. Everything is controlled through this app unless it’s overridden with service mode (I believe) on the control panel (all new as of August last year). We will be on vacation at some point this summer and will have the pool company come to clean and maintain the pool once during the week we are gone, but I’m concerned about what happens if the OmniLogic loses connection to the router. This happens periodically and we just make sure it gets reconnected (typically if there’s a storm/power outage). What do people do if this happens while you are not home for a while? Should I setup the pool equipment to run differently while we are out of town? I’d hate to come home to a big pool mess. Thanks!

(pool is vinyl liner, 18x36 rectangle, ~18k gallons)

Many routers allow you to set up a reboot schedule. That usually resolves connection issues.

Or add a wifi extender closer to your pool equipment so that the system does not get dropped as easily.

I also have Omnilogic. The app is essentially just a remote user interface for the panel. If you lose connectivity from the app, it just means you won't be able to make any changes remotely (only from the panel). It doesn't mean your equipment will stop working. If you've set up schedules, they will still continue to execute. If you have set up something to run constantly, it will still run constantly.

Last edited:
That makes sense, thank you.
My SWG doesn’t seem to be controlled by the app scheduling beyond the percentage output, that’s the one that has me worried. So even with schedules setup, it still is on even when my pump is scheduled off unless I turn it off in the app. It seems like I have to install another timer just for the SWG?

That makes sense, thank you.
My SWG doesn’t seem to be controlled by the app scheduling beyond the percentage output, that’s the one that has me worried. So even with schedules setup, it still is on even when my pump is scheduled off unless I turn it off in the app. It seems like I have to install another timer just for the SWG?
Actually now I’m thinking it makes more sense to run pump 24/7 at speed just high enough to ensure SWG has flow, say 1500 rpm, and use schedule to control chlorinator percentage output around 20-30%.

It's not clear from your posts exactly what you have that is controlling things at your equipment pad. Is it this (which is what I have):

If so, it is a very similar setup to mine, *except* I don't have an Aquarite, rather my SWG plugs directly into the HLBASE. With my setup and the latest firmware, the SWG can be turned on and off via a schedule, as well as adjusting the output percentage. But let's suppose you can't turn the SWG on and off via a schedule. Since you have a variable speed pump, while you are away you could either:

1. set it to run at the lowest speed that allows your SWG to chlorinate during your normal "off" hours, then reduce your SWG output percentage down to 1% during that time; or
  2. run the pump continuously at a speed that is sufficient for your SWG to chlorinate and also run your SWG continuously at a lower percentage than you normally do to get the same equivalent output as you do today. So for example if you normally run the SWG at 60% for 6 hours, instead run in at 15% all the time.

it still is on even when my pump is scheduled off unless I turn it off in the app.
That is a safety issue and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. If a SWCG generates with the pump off, there is a real threat of explosion. Rare, but real. Address that at your soonest opportunity.

Yes, that is the equipment I have. I haven’t completed the latest update, someone was going to come out and do it but now we’re thinking of just doing it ourselves. Good to hear I should be able to turn the SWG on/off via schedule after that. I’ll run 24/7 with lower chlorinator percentages for now.
Now to learn how to inspect and clean the cell!

Updating the firmware isn't very hard, and it's even easier after you update to the latest firmware since you will no longer have to use a USB thumb drive to load the firmware onto the panel. I did it myself, no problems. The firmware is here:

You want to update both the MSP and MPP. You can see what MSP version you are currently running from the panel or from the app (choose Menu, About). This will show you your MSP ID (which you will need to perform the update) and MSP firmware version (latest is R0400001)

Reactions: Mlg8303

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.