NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
So I just swapped out the ProLogic my PB sold me with my pool build for an OmniLogic HLBASE.
Im using the existing T15 Cell from the ProLogic and I have a TriStar 950 VSP.

So tonight I noticed that after all the pumps and such for the pool shut down in the app the chlorinator shows ON but says pump off.
When I look at Diagnostics it shows voltage but no current.

On the proLogic there was no option to set a schedule for the SWG, I was under the impression that it only runs when the pump runs.

Do I need to set a schedule for this on the omni? Or is the fact that it show On just a facade and its only truly on when the pump is running?

If I do set a schedule does the SWG % still adhere while that schedule has it on? e.g. does it still only run for 65% of the time during that set schedule? I set a schedule for now till i figure this out.

@mas985 I was hoping you may know the answer.

1623465111656.jpeg

1623465150063.jpeg

1623464739948.jpeg

If your setup is like mine, there is a flow switch which will generate a low flow alarm if the chlorinator is on when the pump is off (or not running at a sufficient speed), which will inactivate the chlorinator. However to be safe I would turn the chlorinator off with the switch at the top right of the app, then set a schedule for when you want it to run during the same time when the pump is also scheduled to run.

If your setup is like mine, there is a flow switch which will generate a low flow alarm if the chlorinator is on when the pump is off (or not running at a sufficient speed), which will inactivate the chlorinator. However to be safe I would turn the chlorinator off with the switch at the top right of the app, then set a schedule for when you want it to run during the same time when the pump is also scheduled to run.

So maybe this is a bug in the app but I set up a schedule and when the time comes for it to run the switch at the top right of the app never turns to ON and the chlorinator still shows off on the dashboard.
However when i check diagnostics it shows that there is voltage and amps to the cell, so I assume its on??

Does tis happen with anyone else? Im on Revision 3.2.2 this was manufactured in March 2021

Schedule shut off, still shows 4000PPM, but diagnostics shows off
IMG_6864.PNG

Schedule shut off, looks like cell is off too
IMG_6866.PNG

IMG_6861.PNG

Diagnostics shows the cell is running (switch in app still shows off)
IMG_6863.PNG

Says chlorinating but switch is off
IMG_6862.PNG

The latest firmware will turn the chlorinator (and heater also) on and off. Until you upgrade, you could turn the chlorinator on but set to zero percent, then use schedule to set the percentage higher as desired.
Im already on that firmware

It seems that the schedule is turning it on and off based on the voltage in diagnostics Its just the switch display is not turning on and off.
Do you have your omnilogic on a chlorinator schedule?

IMG_6867 2.jpg

After I updated to 4.0.1, I can leave the chlorinator and heater both turned off by default, then when the schedule runs it turns them on. When the schedule expires, they turn off. The switch in the app accurately displays the on/off state of both devices.

After I updated to 4.0.1, I can leave the chlorinator and heater both turned off by default, then when the schedule runs it turns them on. When the schedule expires, they turn off. The switch in the app accurately displays the on/off state of both devices.
Interesting, that is not noted in the release notes.

When I said I was on the latest I meant the firmware revision that specifically noted that scheduling was available in that revision which was the doc I linked.

I still kind of have a feeling this whole thing is just a display issue. I would take what diagnostics says over what the app button is showing. This is the software engineer in me.

So are you just not able to leave the chlorinator on all the time? It seems like that should be default and you can use a schedule if you want. From looking at the diagnostics it seems the cell only has amperage when the pump is running. Forcing a schedule seems counter intuitive.

It is worthwhile to update to the latest firmware. Things just seem to work better, and you will no longer need to use a USB to update the firmware in the future. Regardless of what the release notes say, I could not turn my heater on/off via a schedule until I updated (I could only change the temperature setting).

You *can* leave your chlorinator on all the time at a fixed percentage if you want to, but then you are relying on the flow switch to cut it off. That *should* work, but I think it's just a little safer to use the schedule.

It is worthwhile to update to the latest firmware. Things just seem to work better, and you will no longer need to use a USB to update the firmware in the future. Regardless of what the release notes say, I could not turn my heater on/off via a schedule until I updated (I could only change the temperature setting).

You *can* leave your chlorinator on all the time at a fixed percentage if you want to, but then you are relying on the flow switch to cut it off. That *should* work, but I think it's just a little safer to use the schedule.
Do you happen to remember what revision you were on before you upgraded to 4.0.1?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What does the OmniLogic display show in terms of the SWG status?

I think there is an issue with that app. This post has a similar issue albeit a different configuration:

What does the OmniLogic display show in terms of the SWG status?

I think there is an issue with that app. This post has a similar issue albeit a different configuration:

B82CA584-641C-4AA7-9279-7580C28E5366.jpeg
seems to show everything is on

What does the display look like when the pump is off?
If I leave the chlorinator on it shows voltage but no amps.

if the schedule shuts it down there is no voltage and no amps but the on of toggle never changes in the app

You are talking about the app or the display or both?

Can you take a pic of the display with the pump off?

You are talking about the app or the display or both?

Can you take a pic of the display with the pump off?
I was talking about the app diagnostics

I will take a pic when I get home later of the panel.

Do you happen to remember what revision you were on before you upgraded to 4.0.1?
I don't, although I do know the firmware was upgraded at one point after the date of the release notes you linked to previously. I later upgraded to 4.0.1 after I had to switch out the MSP due to some sensor issues I was having. Prior to that upgrade, I used to leave the chlorinator on at 0% by default, then set the desired percentage using a schedule when I wanted to chlorinate. Since the upgrade, I turn the chlorinator off by default, and the schedule turns it on and sets the percentage. The app always displays the switch in the correct state.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.