OmniLogic light control question

mummer43

Jul 31, 2016
Lehigh Valley, PA
We have a brand new pool and I have been playing with the OmniLogic app. I have two bubblers with lights in my sun shelf. When I turn the pool lights on the bubbler lights also turn on. Is there a way to separate the bubbler lights from the main pool lights?

I also have a light in my hot tub. Is there a way to separate the hot tub light from the main pool lights?

It sounds like all of your lights are wired to one transformer that is connected to one high voltage relay in your Omni panel.

Each group of lights you want to control separately needs to be wired to its own transformer and connected to a high voltage relay.

From what you described you want two more transformers connected to relays in your Omni panel.

You need two new transformers and some rewiring of your lights assuming you have two relays free.

In switched mode the app will let you control each set of lights on a transformer.

If you have multiple lights on a transformer they will be controlled as a group.

Hayward has networked lights. Their website says:

The ColorLogic 4.0 and the 12V ColorLogic Lighting Family are available in versions optimized for two means of control. In switched mode, individual lights are attached to the same relay and controlled altogether via remote control or a light switch. Networked lights are used in coordination with a Hayward Automation system and offer owners advanced orchestration and control, and a greatly expanded spectrum of colors and color-changing shows adjustable for speed, motion and brightness.

If installing networked lights, each transformer will need a signal coupler (LKBUN1000) and the Automation System will need a ColorLogic modem (AQL-COLOR-MODHV).

The devil is in the details in exactly what mode light you have and how it is connected. The Hayward network lighting stuff is fairly complicated.