Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi all, new here... new pool owner.

We have an omnilogic system, and heat pump/chiller.

My question is.... how does one control the chiller function?

Heating is easy, shows up as a heater on the omni app... but it's been hot for a few days and i noticed that even with the temp is set to 80, the pool still gets to 87, 88.... now maybe i'm mistaken but it seems that to use the chiller, you'd just set the temp lower than the current temp and it would chill, down to that temp.

so how is 87, when the temp is set to 80. possible?

Is something setup incorrectly? (this wouldn't be surprising, given other PB issues we've seen) I began to wonder if, in the omni app, there should maybe be a chiller tab, like the heater tab.

In case it wasn't clear... the PB wasn't very informative, and is now kind of hard to get responses from.
To make it worse, the pool care service they contract for setup/salt conversion.... is um, less than adequate; with a new rather clueless guy coming each week... the one today couldn't even tell me what the correct chlorine level is for a salt water pool, when tested (just converted it, but thats for another thread).

LOVE our pool, just so much to learn

What model Aquacal Heat Pump?

I believe your Omni system cannot switch between heat and chiller and control the chiller function.

I think you need to take the HP out of remote control by the Omni and manually use the HP control panel to run the chiller.

This is one of the downsides of mixing vendor equipment.

What model Aquacal Heat Pump?

I believe your Omni system cannot switch between heat and chiller and control the chiller function.

I think you need to take the HP out of remote control by the Omni and manually use the HP control panel to run the chiller.

This is one of the downsides of mixing vendor equipment.
It's a HeatWave SuperQuiet SQ166R.

Not sure why we'd even have it if it's not controllable.... This could be a problem.

man... that's not encouraging.

Time to try and get the pool builder to respond... I'm sure they will be totally reasonable, and resolve the issue LOL

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.