Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Got this email from Hayward today...might explain some of the issues people have been experiencing lately. Thought I would pass it on.

Dear Valued OmniLogic Customer,

Recently you may have noticed a delay when logging into the OmniLogic App. In some instances, the app was showing an “Unable to Connect to the Server” red banner error at the top of the page which also may have delayed opening the app and the ability to control your pool.

We are sorry for any frustrations that this may have caused. Our engineering team has identified the root cause of sporadic issues with our servers and implemented changes to both the architecture and our monitoring services that give us early detection of issues.

As many are opening their pools, we recommend upgrading to the newest version R4.4 or higher of the firmware for more reliable connection and usability. In the future, all other firmware updates will be able to be done remotely over the internet and should not require a pool professional.

If you still experience a slow login or a red banner stating, “Unable to Connect to Server” - please reach out to us at [email protected] or through the help button on the app.

Sincerely,
Hayward Product Management and Support

Thanks for sharing. Received the same e-mail. Problem is, can't seem to get my hands on the R4.4 firmware they mention. Over the internet firmware update doesn't seem to connect to the update servers (so I assume they changed the location) and the highest firmware version I see on the Hayward site for the MSP is R4.3. I did submit a question to Hayward on how to get R4.4 but has anyone been able to apply R4.4? I find it baffling that they would suggest upgrading to R4.4 and not having it available so I just assume I must be the problem. :)

Thanks for sharing. Received the same e-mail. Problem is, can't seem to get my hands on the R4.4 firmware they mention. Over the internet firmware update doesn't seem to connect to the update servers (so I assume they changed the location) and the highest firmware version I see on the Hayward site for the MSP is R4.3. I did submit a question to Hayward on how to get R4.4 but has anyone been able to apply R4.4? I find it baffling that they would suggest upgrading to R4.4 and not having it available so I just assume I must be the problem. :)

I just noticed the 4.4....I am guessing that was a typo. Nothing about 4.4 online.

I wondered why it seemed problematic this year. We opened our pool right after I upgraded to a Samsung s22 and figured it was a problem with the phone or internet at the house. So many things that could be messed up. I tried to update today after getting the email and it didn’t find anything. It’s using the latest version.

What’s weird is that the controller sent me an alarm saying it had a firmware update …. But when I put the controller in service mode to update it the alarm resolved. Still on 4.3. Ugh.

Just to follow-up on this, I received a (long-winded) response from Hayward. This is the question I asked verbatim: "Hi. I received an e-mail from Hayward about delayed logins etc. and the suggestion was to upgrade to R4.4 firmware. The Hayward site does not have the Omnilogic R4.4 firmware. How can I get it?".

The net of this is MSP R4.4 is apparently going to be available on Monday May 9th.

Hayward response in full:
"Thank you for contacting Hayward. In follow up to the Product Announcement email "Omni Server Disruptions", we have had many Hayward OmniLogic owners stating that they are still experiencing this issue or asking for instructions on how to upgrade their firmware.

The suggestion to upgrade of the firmware has nothing to do with the "Unable to Connect to Server" or "Server Not Available". It is good practice as you go into a new season, to have the most recent version of the firmware. Hayward continues to add features and reliability improvements to the Omni Platform, and we want to make sure you are up to date.

To clarify the message, the red banner stated, "Unable to Connect to Server" or "Server is Unavailable", if you are still experiencing this message, please let us know by supplying a screenshot, we expect this to be solved. If you have a red banner that states "Unable to Connect to Router" , please see FAQ below.

This firmware upgrade is for the OmniLogic controller and not for the app, the app can be updated at any time from the App stores. Please see the instructions below on "How to upgrade your Omni controller firmware?"

We recommend upgrading the MSP firmware to the latest revision. To find the revision of your firmware "How to verify your Omni controller's MSP ID and firmware revision?"
  • For users with their MSP revision higher than R4.0.0, please see the how to upgrade Over the Air (OTA) firmware attachment to upgrade to R4.3.2 (4.4 will be available through OTA on Monday).
  • For users with their MSP revision lower than R4.0.0 we recommend using a pool professional* to upgrade the firmware and have included a link to instructions entitled "How to upgrade firmware" if you want to do it on your own.
If you do not have a preferred builder or servicer to do the upgrade, you can use the dealer locator to find one Dealer Locator Find a Pool Professional | Pool Products | Hayward. They can help you with your OmniLogic configuration and most equipment that is not working as expected*."

The asterisk is a reference to standard service fees may apply.

Received a follow up email this morning...looks like 4.4 will not be available till 5/9/22.

Dear Valued Hayward OmniLogic Customer,

In follow up to our "Omni Server Disruptions" email, we have had many OmniLogic owners asking for instructions on how to upgrade their firmware.

To clarify, the suggestion to upgrade the firmware has nothing to do with the "Unable to Connect to Server" or "Server Not Available" messages you may be receiving. It is just good practice to maintain the most recent version of the firmware as Hayward continues to add features and reliability improvements to the Omni Platform. However, if you are still experiencing this message please let us know by emailing a screenshot to [email protected] . Additionally, If you have a red banner that states "Unable to Connect to Router" please refer to our Omni Network Diagnostics FAQs.

Please note this firmware upgrade is for the OmniLogic controller and not for the app. The app can be updated at any time from your device’s app store. Please see these instructions on "How to upgrade your Omni controller firmware." We also recommend upgrading the MSP firmware to the latest revision. Please see these instructions on " How to verify your Omni controller's MSP ID and firmware.”

If you do not have a preferred builder or servicer to do the upgrade, you can use our Dealer Locator to find a pool professional to help with your OmniLogic configuration*.

Thank You,
Hayward Support

*Standard servicer fees may apply

As the email said.. R4.4 was available today. And the panel updated just fine. Now I’m wondering what they changed. Probably going to roll out some subscriptions services that none of us need or want.

I just upgraded to R4.4 and also had no issues. Got a push notice from Hayward to upgrade. Asked for the notes on what changed and their response is below.

Dear Keith,

The release notes will be available on our website in the future. Keep checking back periodically.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
4.4 has been made available as a "over the air" update. So if you are currently at R4.0.0 or later...it should be an option in your system panel.

I think the download site for use with USB drive is a week or so behind the "over the air" releases.

4.4 has been made available as a "over the air" update. So if you are currently at R4.0.0 or later...it should be an option in your system panel.

I think the download site for use with USB drive is a week or so behind the "over the air" releases.
I am on 4.01 and I tried the over the air function but keep getting the error below. Keep in mind my unit is hardwired through Ethernet and internet is great.3C6A4406-4433-4C58-ACCC-B54C4E370424.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.