Omni PL Upgrade Kit Hayward Automation

T-15 Salt Cell Serial # 1E19254-404734

That is a 4 year old replacement cell from 2019 with a 1 year warranty.

I suspect that your cell is depleted and needs replacement.

You can take it into a pool store that tests Hayward cells and see what they say.

That is a 4 year old replacement cell from 2019 with a 1 year warranty.

I suspect that your cell is depleted and needs replacement.

You can take it into a pool store that tests Hayward cells and see what they say.

Thank you I will do that ....I was guessing its time for a new TCELL940

Can someone who installed the upgrade kit tell me or show a pix of where to route the remote display cable from behind the false front and then exit the cabinet.
I will post a photo once I can get over and take one. Mine just goes down the low voltage raceway and out one of the knockout holes on the bottom. Left side. Same knockout as the actuator and sensor cables come in through.

Thank you. I appreciate the response but what is "fireman's switch" control? (NEVERMIND, I GOOGLED IT)

One more question (should have asked in last post), will it control my Pentair Intellibrite 5G White and Color Pool Lights? Will I be able to select the light scenes without toggling them on and off six times to get to California Sunset mode? Or 4 times for Caribbean?
Ditto. I just got the OmniPL upgrade installed a couple of days ago. I had a switch wired to the light transformer, thinking I would need to turn on/off to set the theme. The good news is, if you pick P-COLOR as your light source, it flips the power for you! It's basic: 4 colors (including white) plus 7 shows.

OmniPL Upgrade Kit was the best upgrade I have ever done to my pool equipment.

Couple of configuration issues but otherwise painless install.

Significant improvement over the older Pro-Logic systems.

Reactions: softeng007
I'm actually wanting to do this upgrade. I'm just not sure if I have enough equipment to justify the cost of the upgrade. I only have the VSP, salt cell, and heater. I also wish I could do the upgrade myself (did the full install the first time myself) without losing the warranty.

I'm actually wanting to do this upgrade. I'm just not sure if I have enough equipment to justify the cost of the upgrade. I only have the VSP, salt cell, and heater. I also wish I could do the upgrade myself (did the full install the first time myself) without losing the warranty.

Thats enough gear to make it worthwhile in my opinion. But think of it as future proofing your system as well.

Did you watch the video at the beginning of this thread its not that difficult

Reactions: ballistix
Thats enough gear to make it worthwhile in my opinion. But think of it as future proofing your system as well.

Did you watch the video at the beginning of this thread its not that difficult
Did I watch the YouTube video? LOL I was the first person to comment on it on YouTube. :) Thanks for the feedback!

Whelp, I pulled the trigger and got mined ordered today. Now I wait for the parts to arrive. I'll post back after I get everything installed and booted up. Might be a bit since we are still in the thick of cold weather here in the midwest.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey just a heads up for everyone with an OmniPL there was a firmware update pushed out today. I did mine from the OmniPL panel in Service Mode but you can do it using a USB as well.

Not sure if this is OmniPL exclusive or all OmniLogic systems but check yours.

Mine had a Special Alert email about it and it showed on my mobile App.

I'm about to order this, just want to confirm that this will work for me. I have the Hayward E-Command 4 now. Reason I want to upgrade is my clock is slow and I have to manually turn the pump on and off every day. Is it fairly easy to pull settings off my current controller and import those to the new one? That's my biggest concern is screwing something up with the current configuartion.

It makes mention of being compatible with "This OmniPL Retrofit Kit is compatible with all "P-4", "PS-4", and "PS-8" units. The HLXPROUPG is not compatible with "PS-16".

My Ecommand 4 is an HPC-4. Is that still compatible?

I'm about to order this, just want to confirm that this will work for me. I have the Hayward E-Command 4 now. Reason I want to upgrade is my clock is slow and I have to manually turn the pump on and off every day. Is it fairly easy to pull settings off my current controller and import those to the new one? That's my biggest concern is screwing something up with the current configuartion.

It makes mention of being compatible with "This OmniPL Retrofit Kit is compatible with all "P-4", "PS-4", and "PS-8" units. The HLXPROUPG is not compatible with "PS-16".

My Ecommand 4 is an HPC-4. Is that still compatible?
I haven't done the upgrade yet and don't know much about the E-Command, but a quick search looks like it is basically the same setup with a different board. Do you have any pictures of the inside of your panel you could share for reference. As far as the settings go, it is just a matter of scrolling through all the menus and copying them all down. It is actually part of the Installation Manual pages. I assume setup of the new system is going to be easier since it is newer and appers to be much more user friendly.

Installation Manual: https://hayward-pool-assets.com/assets/documents/pools/pdf/manuals/Installation_092767_RevA.pdf
Installation Quick Start Guide: https://hayward-pool-assets.com/assets/documents/pools/pdf/manuals/Quick_Start_Guide_092779_RevA.pdf

Ok looks like someone else has already done this successfully in another thread, but it did require another part. The transformer which then technically makes your system SWG enabled. Just add salt cell. :)

Ordered a kit from TC Pools Supply out of California. I'm always skeptical of ordering expensive stuff online, so I checked Hayward's site to see that they were an authorized reseller and even called them to chat. Seemed like they knew what they were talking about, so I pulled the trigger.

Got mine in the mail today. Looking forward to installing soon. I plan on documenting the process well and hope to post lots of pics of the process.

I’m assuming this upgrade package will require adding a Hayward Network Bridge (~ $350) to allow use of a phone app to act as the wireless control unit. Yikes. If so, will prolly try to use direct burial Cat6 cable and hook the board up to my router to avoid that extra cost.

My 2005 PS-4 board looks like it will need replacement if I am unsuccessful in fixing it …so starting to look into replacing it with this upgrade kit. I’m looking either at about $700 to replace my current board or spend twice that to get my system upgraded with this kit. My only hesitancy in going with a replacement board is over concern that my current Aqua Logic PS-4 main and wireless control units will have compatibility issues with a replacement board (as my current system/controllers operate on ver 2.2 firmware, which may not work with the current replacement boards out there not backward compatible).

I’m assuming this upgrade package will require adding a Hayward Network Bridge (~ $350) to allow use of a phone app to act as the wireless control unit. Yikes. If so, will prolly try to use direct burial Cat6 cable and hook the board up to my router to avoid that extra cost.
OmniPL has networking built in and does not require additional equipment to use an app.

My 2005 PS-4 board looks like it will need replacement if I am unsuccessful in fixing it …so starting to look into replacing it with this upgrade kit. I’m looking either at about $700 to replace my current board or spend twice that to get my system upgraded with this kit. My only hesitancy in going with a replacement board is over concern that my current Aqua Logic PS-4 main and wireless control units will have compatibility issues with a replacement board (as my current system/controllers operate on ver 2.2 firmware, which may not work with the current replacement boards out there not backward compatible).

Yes your correct to remotely connect to the system you need a wireless or wired connection. I thought the exact same thing as you did, I'm not paying for a Hayward proprietary wireless gateway when I can run Cat6 to the control box. Plus you need their proprietary antenna too! Way more physical work to run the cable but the shielded direct burial cable was $40 for 100' so worth it. Plus I previously had the Hayward Prologic Network Hub AQ-CO-HOMENET and the you had to buy their proprietary antenna called AQL2-BASE-RF which is req to to enable wireless functionality. It still wasn't as robust as a directly wired connection.

The OmniPL touchscreen module has the RJ45 port in the bottom of it for the wired connect. Mine is always a fast strong connect, updates are very quick. Im on Cox Panoramic Internet 500.

There might be plenty of people on here with plenty of spare boards laying around since we've upgraded. LOL I still haven't decided what to do with my old board.
As far as connectivity goes, the OmniPL upgrade kit has built-in wifi and setup was a breeze. I have a pretty good wifi signal at my house so no issues.

There might be plenty of people on here with plenty of spare boards laying around since we've upgraded. LOL I still haven't decided what to do with my old board.
As far as connectivity goes, the OmniPL upgrade kit has built-in wifi and setup was a breeze. I have a pretty good wifi signal at my house so no issues.
Hayward told me the OmniPL Kit doesn't have built in WIFI so I ran direct burial Cat6 cable out to my pool control box.

Hayward said I needed OmniLogic Wireless Antenna - HLWLAN​

Can you show me how you configured the WIFI on your OmniPl system so I can look at doing the same?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support