Omni Logic lost ability to source IP via Dynamic (DHCP) setting on OmniLogic

Apr 10, 2017
Tampa
My pool has had a Hayward provided Engenius Access Point (AP) that worked fine. From one day to the other the AP won't pick-up an IP address using DHCP (dynamic) mode. In my case I ended up having CAT5 ~3-5' from Omnilogic board so I switched to hardwire. Issue occurs Omnilogic = Dynamic & Netgear Nighthawk router configured for DHCP, so my expectation is Omnilogic would go acquire IP via router and display IP secured in exchange with router. As .jpg file shows in dynamic mode and clearly no IP captured. I have a Hayward certified dealer involved and they are going nowhere with Hayward. Ran into other blogger that resolved with Firmware upgrade. Anyone else experiencing this or has experienced this and has a solution?

68417050163__77088EAF-DD6D-4032-81C1-29E1C79F8CBB.JPG

Did you shut down both the OmniLogic and the router for a clean boot?

Does the MAC address of the OmniLogic show up in the router device page?

If so, make sure it isn't in any exclude/block list.

Have you tried manually setting an IP address for the OmniLogic?

What is you current firmware version?

See page 52 in the attached document.

Attachments

• Hayward OmniLogic-Troubleshooting-Guide.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thanks to those that replied to thread. The Omni troubleshooting guide played a key part of end solution. The initial issue was traced to a faulty access point (branded Hayward/Mfg EnGenious). In the process of trouble shooting AP failure, I opted to use existing cat5 that sits within rock throw off Omni board. In the process of putting rj45 termination on cat5, I mis-threaded connection. Once this got this corrected, the Omni board picked-up IP address via DHCP. The guide was key because my Omni web server setting had defaulted to "beta" server. I troubleshooted and changed setting to point to production Omni server with assistance of Hayward "pool" tech support. The non-pool tech option they simply lead consumers to web links.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.