omni controller lost connection to router

newpool1979

Jun 2, 2021
SC USA
Hi Everyone
I have an omnilogic controller and had the firmware recently updated and a wireless remote installed. Since the update and remote installation I can no longer use the omni app to change anything on the pool and the wireless remote doesn't turn on. The app states Omni controller lost connection to router. I have good wifi signal at the omnicontroller outside at 92% signal strength. I have tried turning off the router (router: ATT internet service router to netgear router, both were shut down and rebooted). I have turned off the omnilogic for 45 minutes to reboot the wifi on it and turned off all the circuit breakers for that time. I am out of ideas. I have called Hayward and have not gotten much information from them. Any ideas on next steps?
Thank you in advance

Welcome to TFP :)

Try uninstalling the app, try resetting the omni system back to factory settings and go through the setup again.. should get you going...

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thank you for welcome and ideas. I have followed through on the manual and was not able to solve the problem. I de-registered it with the hayward cloud and re-registered it but it still has the dreaded "lost link" on the web (correct MSP). I have not reset the system to factory settings, but that sounds like the best idea. I will see what the Network protocol properties shows when I get back today. Will keep you all updated

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.