Older AquaLink OneTouch not working with new AquaLink 2.0 RS???

vpr80

May 20, 2019
NJ
Hi guys, need a little help. Had an old Aqualink RS board with *two* OneTouch controllers in the house -- everything worked. Upgraded the board (IQ20-RS) to the new model (version T) with app/internet support. Install of the board was flawless and all of the equipment works as it should, except *one* OneTouch controller. One controller is working like it should, but the other displays a chessboard with this message on top: Firmware Rev B08. I swapped the two controllers just to check if it's wiring or something and same result, one works and one doesn't. So the non-working controller is B08 (Rev C 5000 on sticker on bottom) and the other one that works is B09 Rev C 1701. Could it possibly be that the B08 is not compatible, but B09 is just fine? Think I ruled out any wiring issues at this point, so what could it be? TIA

We have found that remotes do not always work when you update a board. Lets see if some of our Aqualink folks can help out.

I've gotten that checkerboard pattern when the RS485 comms wires weren't fully seated between the OneTouch and the RS control board. This can happen when you add in more RS485 like you would have from the iQ20 install. Be careful you don't have too many RS485 devices trying to share the same connector as they can push each other out.

But you said you checked wiring (your 2 OneTouches are daisy-chained, right?) and that the problem follows the B08 board. Have you toggled through the Help screen on the iAqualink menu? That will tell you all the connections it sees and may yield helpful info. Also, have you tried the reset button on the OneTouch board?

Ultimately, I'd probably call Jandy to ask about firmware compatibility.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.