Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Folks,

I'm up in Dallas trying to heat my brother's pool up so I can dive it to check for water leaks. He has a 25 year old Laars Lite 325 LLD heater that has a failed pressure switch. It is shorting to ground internal to the switch and leaking through the switch housing. When bypassed the heater works fine. The manual lists 3 replacement switches and I can't figure out which one it was since the old one is so old I can't read any of the writing. The 3 listed are:
1 psi
2 psi
1-10 psi

Does anybody know which one we need? I'm guessing it's the 2 psi R0013200 and not sure it's really that critical. The switch that's in there doesn't seem to be a 1-10 psi variable switch from appearance.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris

I don't think it will make a big difference in the safety if you put in a 1 psi switch versus a 2 psi pressure switch.

@swamprat69 may have ideas.

That's exactly what I was thinking. There is a "fine tuning" adjustment anyway that we can perform and test for positive function by turning off the pump momentarily while the unit is running.

Thanks much for the reply Allen!

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.