Old But Legendary Robots?

Neto

Jun 10, 2019
Puerto Rico
Curious to see if there are any solid robots that have been working well for more than 5-10 years? Just spoke to an individual that says that his old dolphin diagnostics robot was much better than a polaris that he bought recently..

Neto,

I bought two used Dolphin Diagnostics about 8 or 9 years ago.. I used them in rent house pools and they were just retired the beginning of this year.. I did have to replace the tracks and bearings, but all and all, they worked well for over 10 years. I also had a Dolphin Premier at my home pool that I used for about 5 years before moving it to a rent house and it still works just fine.

The old Diagnostics have been replaced with the newer S200, which is a much better machine. No problems so far, but they have only been running about 8 months..

Thanks,

Jim R.

The old Tiger Sparks are still going, reinventing the wheel most times means cheap parts sadly.
Interesting, I read on an article yesterday that the new tigersharks dont really introduce any new features, only cosmetics vs the 1st gen. Makes you think why such big company didnt make a change? maybe what they have works well? I do like the availability of the parts for the tigersharks too.

I have a Dolphin Diagnostic that's about 15+ years old. Still vacuums but the power supplies kept burning out (I'm on #3) and the canvas collection bag was a massive Pain to clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.