Old Aqua-Logic Panel, timed pool lights not working as expected...

Saint3448

Feb 27, 2023
Mandeville, LA
TFP -

Love this site, it's been invaluable in learning about taking care of my pool, this is the first house we've had with a pool, and I've enjoyed learning about it.

One question I have, we have an older AquaLogic panel (With terrible RF connection to a mini panel, but that's another story) and I wanted to automate the pool lights coming on at a certain time, and then shutting off later.

After some YouTubing, I figured out the setting is in the Locked Controls menu, so I went in there and set the Lights to Timeclock mode, then set them on at 7PM and off at 11PM. Well this....sort of worked. Just the Spa light (attached spa) comes on with this setting, not the 2 big main pool lights. Ideally, I'd like JUST the pool lights to come on, not the Spa light, but I cant figure out where to configure that.

Any insight?

Thanks!

Are the main pool lights on a separate relay from the spa light? If not, they would need to be in order to control them separately. How many relays are there and how many are available?

So assuming both of these buttons are working and activate their respective lights when pressed, then you just need to program each button individually. The "Lights" relay sounds like it might be the one controlling the Spa light. The pool lights are probably on an AUX relay. You just need to find the correct one and program that one. Which buttons control which light?

Last edited:
So assuming both of these buttons are working and activate their respective lights when pressed, then you just need to program each button individually. The "Lights" relay sounds like it might be the one controlling the Spa light. The pool lights are probably on an AUX relay. You just need to find the correct one and program that one. Which buttons control which light?
I knew there was a solution!

On the control panel, the "Pool Lights" control the pool lights, and "Spa Light" controls the spa light. However in the configuration menu, there's only an option for "LIGHTS"

Ignore the large labels. The important labels are the smaller text in the upper left in grey from the larger labels (F/L/H1/V3/V4/A1/A2/A3/A4/etc).

In the picture below, my pool lights have a large label "Lights" which uses the "L" relay. The large label "Yard Light" is using the "A2" or Aux2 relay so when I program that relay, I must use Aux2 in the menus. In that menu, you can then decide what to "call" that relay for the display output purposes, but the controller always refers to that relay as an AUXn internally.

1683500659787.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.