ok to run a sand filter with salt converter before salt added?

Jun 2, 2018
Louisiana
We are setting up our sand filter with saltwater converter. Intex Krystal Clear 2600 GPH
As the pool fills and we check the water, should we be running the filter? Is it ok to run it without salt in the pool?
#2 do you chlorinate to your desired level before adding salt? I have heard both yes and no.
TY!

If it is possible it is best to not have the SWCG on while adding salt -- but -- you need your pump running to mix the salt.

Always raise your FC to target range for your CYA with liquid chlorine. Then use the SWCG to maintain that FC level.

Thank you. This system doesn't seem to have another option unless I set it up without the SWCG mechanism? I purchased chlorine granules. I haven't used them before. Used liquid bleach last season. Do I just make sure they mix in well? Again wouldn't it be best to have the filter running for that mixing also?

What is your CYA? How are you testing your water chemistry? Your signature shows strips. If that is how you plan to operate, you will be draining the pool each month as you will have no idea how to run your FC levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.