OK, here's my swamp!

We spent all day at the park yesterday, so only a little pool maintenace in the morning. This morning I got up, and it was pouring down rain. I looked in the pool and guess what I saw? THE BOTTOM! It's really blurry, but I can make out the pattern on the bottom of the pool. I changed the filter and brought it back up to about 20 PPM of chlorine. Hopefully my kit will come tomorrow and I can get this thing squared away.

As you can see, we've come a long way. It gets pretty clear, and then when I stir things up with the vacuum, it gets cloudy again.

My kit finally came. Here are my numbers

Free chlorine 5ppm
CC 2.5 ppm
TA 180
pH 7.0
CH 30
CYA less than 30 ppm

I got it back up to shock level and added about 1.5 lbs. of CYA in a sock. I also added some Borax to raise pH.

Attachments

• PoolJune6.jpg
    PoolJune6.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 152
4.gif

Mine is looking good too. I have pics but I don't have the correct camera cord to upload :oops:
I ordered it yesterday I will post mine too :-D

Wow, that is some progress! :goodjob:

I also have an Intex 18-foot pool. You leave yours up all winter? :shock: I am in the upper mid west, and we drain it and take it down each fall. It is a pain. I wish we could just "close" the pool and leave it up all winter, but I am afraid of the ring suffering damage from ice and/or holes in the liner from ice. We get a lot of snow sometimes, and I am not so sure we ever could leave it up all winter long. ::sighs::

Well, here it is present day. I could never have done it with out the great information here. I think my patience was the key. After about 8 days, it still wasn't clear, and I was so tempted to drain it.

Current readings

FC 7ppm
CC 0ppm
TA 175 (currently aerating to try to lower TA)
Ph 7.2
CYA??? Taylor kit says less than 30, Aquachem kit says 50
Considering how much CYA that I've added, it has to be more than 30.

I'm gonna take a sample to the pool store tomorrow. They are actually really nice people, and don't pressure me to buy anything when I'm in there. I took 3 or 4 samples to them last year, and they seem to be pretty accurate. Hopefully they can clear up my CYA result.

Attachments

• PoolJune11.jpg
    PoolJune11.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 87

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.