Oily Spa

53ff1aca01f026aaa3a97dfc1b49b0aa.jpg

Eek! I ordered my test kit late on Wed night. Any Australians will know that we truly have "snail mail" here. 2 weeks for a delivery minimum. I'm so excited. I can get a test done this weekend maybe. I don't know what sorcery this is, but this is my new favourite company.

So it's been going pretty smoothly with using the TFP method. But the oil is getting worse. I've done a partial drain, but there's so much stuff on the top, and it goes straight through my scoop.

2d9a1762b56360f883d214a305225ae9.jpg

a0ba27da43600812792b173dfed73af1.jpg

edc54ecf9baaf6268cecd8b8b1a34084.jpg

I really don't know how to get rid of it without a full drain. It's done this every 3 months on the dot since we have moved here. I've also done a pipe clean, so it's not that. All those light spots are particles of oil. And there's heaps more that you can't see very well in the pics.

I've also got this ring around the spa that won't rub off, which I don't know what it could be. It looks like rust, but I have no idea how it got there.

256ba12742ba1761eb87f2e2f3bd5021.jpg

I am very happy it's working for you.. how do you like the test kit?

I was hoping the oily part would go away with the SLAM...

Do you have any thing like this in the stores there, it is basically a mr clean sponge or terry cloth towel rolled up and it will absorb the oil
Amazon.com: spa oil absorber

you can use a 10 water to 1 muriatic acid spray bottle and get that scum line

I hope this helps

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.