DASTEELERS

May 23, 2021
Annapolis
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New Taylor kit 2600c .3 months old. Pool was hitting all numbers since First opening except for CH...Fiberglass pool 7700 Gal. On Tue had CL 1.4 PH 7.6 ALK 70 CH 120 CYA <30. Added half of pool math recommended 72oz by weight 36oz of calcium chloride. Retested on Thur and CH was still 120. Put numbers back in pool math and realized I was using calcium chloride dihydrate round pellets from pool store(chemical not marked anywhere on jug) and needed more chemicals. Figured no big deal I only put in half last time and probably only 1/4 of what I should have put in since I was using the dihydrate .Pool math said use 137oz by weight of dihydrate on Thur. So I added about half 76oz which was the rest of 7 lb jug. Now on Friday I got FCL .4 PH 7.4 ALK 70 CH>800 CYA <30 . Kids, grandkids, pregnant girls, babies they will all be here Sunday. Can they get in water ? I also have a well and have 2 options 1 spigot is untreated and one softened water. Thanks

I was told that but people indicated that my other chemicals would work better if I corrected and I just wanted to fine tune the CH. Pool math app says to drain 76% of pool and I cant do that with a fiberglass pool. Is the 1st thing I do drain some pool water. If so how much. Would like to know before I start throwing Chlorine in pool and running over the new grass. People can swim in it and there will be no scaling if I just add chlorine.....THANKS

Let's pause a minute. 72 ounces of calcium chloride dihydrate should have only increased your CH by 51ppm. Even if you added the entire 7 lb container at once that would only raise CH by 75ppm. Did you double check your CH test results? Do you use a speed stir to mix the water while testing? Are you using the K2006 kit to test?

I have the 2006c kit. Dont understand the speed stir comments yet. I have the 2 blue scoops from the yellow chlorine powder 0870. Double checking results now. thanks for responding

Deep breath. You should not really have to worry about calcium with a fiberglass pool. If it were a plaster pool you would have to worry the water trying to pull calcium out of the plaster if the water has low calcium. On the flip side, calcium just causes scale buildup on the walls/tile of the pool. So if you really added too much you will have to drain/refill to get your CH number down, you do not need to be in panic mode to get that cleared up before people can swim. Tackle that after people swim. High/low calcium will not impact the swimmers.

What you should worry about is making sure your FC and CYA are in synch according to the FC/CYA chart (see my signature if needed). You likely should add some CYA to get it in range, and also bump up your chlorine especially if you have a lot of people swimming.

Good luck and have fun this weekend.

Reactions: Newdude
Let's pause a minute. 72 ounces of calcium chloride dihydrate should have only increased your CH by 51ppm. Even if you added the entire 7 lb container at once that would only raise CH by 75ppm. Did you double check your CH test results? Do you use a speed stir to mix the water while testing? Are you using the K2006 kit to test?
Thanks for talking me off the ledge. RECHECKED twice. 200 !!! Thank the lord and you too buddy. Your a good man

You are welcome, however I am biologically female ( and plan to remain so), lol! The speed stir is a little device that swirls the test solution for you while you test your water. Very handy things to have.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm......seen her on Zoom and she's pretty convincing!
**Funny story. Getting old now and was giving away my Olympic Barbell equipment and punching bag. Two beautiful married young ladies walked thru the door and the one the story is about was a 10+. She was lovely. They both were in fact. I introduced them to the wife and we proceeded to get equipment. When we were downstairs she told me she was TRANSGENDER and going thru the change. When we got upstairs I asked her to tell the wife her story and she spit her coffee all over the newspaper. Why people do things and why people are so unhappy with their looks bewilders me. My philosophy is You do you and I will do me.... so we had a few laughs with them before they left and on they went.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.