Officially started! (w/pics)

congrats kelkel. Sorry to hear abt the issue with gas line. it must be a added cost and a pain to get out of the way.
where in houston are you?
I am in cypress area, just got HOA approval. we will be starting soon too.

I'm in the Clear Lake area.

And luckily, the gas company moved it on their dime...I guess since it was a main, not just a line to my specific house.

Good luck with your build! Hope it's painless & smooth!

Yeah, our pool builder doesn't mess around! He is known for completing entire pools in 3-4 weeks! He's been doing them now for 38 years so I guess he's got it down pat.
Gunite starts tmrw!
Congrats on the pool! It looks great. It's refreshing to see a PB work within their capabilities and not overpromise or under-deliver. Ours was 17days start-to-finish. Only thing we regret on our build was the decking. We chose Kool-deck type finish. I would have preferred travertine pavers (noche-tumbled); Non-slip, no-cracking and very cool to the feet and look fantastic. Your PB may be able to negotiate a happy medium. H-Town is an excellent source for deals (maybe only an extra grand or two).

Oops...went off and had a baby....got behind on posting pics of progress!
Waterfall & decking now done. Waiting on Wet Edge!
image-11.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Congrats on the new addition! I'm happy to hear you were able to get that gas main moved. We had no such luck with ours, it was just inside the limit, but I agree that being a squeaky wheel pays off! The tile and rocks look great. Your family will have a fun summer!

Congrats kelkel on the baby.whats the tile you got? I was out whole of last work to Princeton, nj, while my tile & coping got done.
I returned last night to find all mud around with the heavy downpour we got yday. Hopefully we get some sun today and I will take some pics to post for my thread.

KelKel... my favorite pic is of the kids! I hope your family enjoys the pool for a very long time!!!

Have a Happy Memorial Day weekend! :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.