full

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Last edited:
Oh man that looks awesome! Looks perfectly done!

On a side note you had me all confused. I was like what happened to all the other posts? Oh it’s a new thread. Lol

man tou r starting early for New Year’s Day! Lobster tail and tenderloin for breakfast! Then I realized, oh ya that was last nights dinner. Lol

happy new year! I got to go get another cup of coffee now. And I didn’t even drink really last night! Lol

Yes JIM we always have a very big dinner with some friends. We usually eat late in the evening and finish off in the new year hence the 2019 signs in the dessert tray. Here is the technique I used from thermoworks perfection vs excellent.
Perfect (seriously) roast beef tenderloin | ThermoWorks
I am very pleased with this method [emoji482]

Thanks for the link! I actually use the thermoworks thermometer. Best we have ever used. It’s 10 years old now and still perfect. I was going to get thier grill setup when I get my egg this summer.

Nothing big for New Years dinner just the usual rice and black eye peas with salt pig tails, collard greens with ham hocks, corn bread and sliced ham [emoji482]
97c9bd9f24fa79d12ebc04eb6c131d1a.jpg

Is the black eyed peas a southern New Years thing? from what I’m reading, cause I just googled it. cause u r the second person who mentioned them to me. I know pork is. Up here pork and sauerkraut is the traditional New Years thing. At least where I live.

I was just wondering. I always thought it was just pork on New Years but years ago I learned about the sauerkraut thing up here. You learn something new everyday!

Actually it is a trinidad thing. Collard greens is for money and we leave a little bit of black eye beans in the pot usually New Year’s Eve thru news years day which means that we will not go hungry for the next year and brings good luck.

Reactions: Tena
That’s interesting. I never knew that. Very cool. Thanks for sharing cause I didn’t get that from googling.

Not all things are on google. My parents on my moms side were very poor. They grew up in a one room house and slept on the floor which was the dirt. Not sure if I could put up with that but food was hard to come by and jobs were hard to find. I am so proud of them as they worked hard and are doing well for themselves at in their 80’s now. [emoji2]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very nicely done Brent...the flamingo just sets it off :) :)

- - - Updated - - -

Always have to have black eyed peas (i had just put them on the stove). We changed it up a bit this year and had tamales with it :)

IMG_5062.jpg

Hey rob they actually taste very earthy. Perhaps you should pick up some. They are great with rice [emoji2]

A little bit too cool for beer drinking but I picked up a new amber beer and wanted to try it out [emoji482]
79258dda415e16178107fca08c76f019.jpg

Fresh homemade garlic and basil pasta with braised bourbon beef ribs done in the instapot Definitely a keeper. ( Santa bought dw an instapot for Christmas so this is the first meal cooked in it )[emoji482]
effd5f5d07114348f3229477ddbed352.jpg

92075c09cec010f8d39d7884638b12c9.jpg

d54048244c3013f02adbc83177af87a5.jpg

Coffee drink while cooking [emoji482]
d71431745aab0ef3790aeae34efcee67.jpg

Not the prettiest plate but it was yummy [emoji39]
bc842ea1674a4eac3224b1412e908ab6.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.