Off center stairs, any advice

Aug 23, 2016
Ballston Lake, NY
Months away from pool build 14x32 vinyl. I really think I want the stairs (vinyl lined steel 8") off center on the short end. This means it will not be symmetrical. Anyone do it this way? How do you think it will look? Pool builder said it looked different in others but didnt think it looked bad. I want it this way because it maximizes walk area in tight space on the house side of pool.
IMG_80041.jpg

Last edited:
You know, ours ended-up that way. I think you can see it on one of the pics from the link in my signature (My Pool) below. By the time I realized the center of the pool wasn't exactly in-line with the back patio pathway, it was a done-deal. In the end, it's really not a big deal. When people show-up, they see lots of blue water and don't really focus on many of the other finer aspects of the pool we as owners would notice. Have a nice weekend.

You know, ours ended-up that way. I think you can see it on one of the pics from the link in my signature (My Pool) below. By the time I realized the center of the pool wasn't exactly in-line with the back patio pathway, it was a done-deal. In the end, it's really not a big deal. When people show-up, they see lots of blue water and don't really focus on many of the other finer aspects of the pool we as owners would notice. Have a nice weekend.

Your pool looks fantastic! I dont think, however this is the same thing. Im talking about the actual pool steps which are vinyl lined steps being attached to the right side of the length of the pool vs the traditional centered. Not quite the same but ill trade pools if you want ;p

I think it will look and work great! We have had several builds in the past couple of summers that had the steps hugging the wall instead of being centered and they looked awesome and worked even better due to being able to use the wall and a rail of sorts.

The one thing I would do is make sure to have edge markers of some sort on the shelf and steps. That will help slow down step offs.

Kim:kim:

I think it will look and work great! We have had several builds in the past couple of summers that had the steps hugging the wall instead of being centered and they looked awesome and worked even better due to being able to use the wall and a rail of sorts.

The one thing I would do is make sure to have edge markers of some sort on the shelf and steps. That will help slow down step offs.

Kim:kim:

Thanks for the input. If you can find any pics id appreciate it as well. You made me feel better about the placement thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.