Of course, my pool pump died on Friday before Memorial Day...

paulmaz

Bronze Supporter
Apr 19, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Thanks pooldv. Also, looks like I might be a close to a week with no pump. Any ideas on how I keep things clean? I am thinking still dosing with bleach and just stirring with skimmer, and manually clean as best as I can. Might be get dirty, but should stay algae free.

Yes, add bleach and brush the pool to stir it up. Swim a lot to keep it all mixed in. :paddle: I'd raise FC up above target a bit, maybe halfway between target and shock level, for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA], just to be on the safe side. Scoop out what you can with the net. It should be fine until you get the pump figured out.

So check out my updated signature! FedEx delivered it at 7:23pm last night, and by 12:30am I had it running! Installation was really easy. I bought some unions, but it actually came with some so I can take them back. I setup it up to run at about 2800 RPM for about 24 hours to get the pool cleaned up from sitting for almost 6 days. Pool stayed clear, just dirty. I did up the FC a bit.

So now I get to figure out what schedule I do. With my single speed, in the summer, I ran it about 8 hours a day. I may start with the default and see what happens. If anyone has any better ideas, I am all ears.

Also, it's not a super quiet motor. At least when running over 2600. my single speed was much quieter. Not a big deal since I don't plan on running at high speeds too often.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.