October 2nd and North of the Mason Dixon Line-Anybody swimming this weekend?

Wolfepack88

Gold Supporter
Jun 21, 2020
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Getting greedy and the gas man will be happy but I said what the heck, its supposed to by high 70's and maybe even 80 tomorrow so I turned on the heater this morning at 5am. it was 47 degrees but I had my autocover on and the pool water was 69. Anybody else swimming or all buttoned up in the North? I'm in North/Central NJ so trying to get one last weekend in before "it's all she wrote" up here??IMG_DCA5A546CA6F-1.jpg

I'm in North-west NJ and I'd been expecting to close the pool this weekend but my wife got sick (I need her help to put on the pool cover) so definitely no swimming. Pool thermometer said 56f when I went out to test at lunchtime. Wall-E the robot was full of leaves

We had friends over for Happy Hour Friday evening water started at 85*. Temps were in the middle 80's then dropped, but we just turned up the heat to 90*. :LOL: Super size Hot Tub!
Down side I forgot to turn the heater off after we closed the cover it was at 92 Saturday morning. :cool:

Pirate Weekend next week, end of the season PIP party. Pool to be closed in November.

No pool heater but pool is also still "open". The hubs wants a pool heater but we don't have natural gas and it would be crazy expensive to run propane lines from the spot where we could put tanks. Electric is also too costly for my blood! So for now, the pool sits open and unused at a chilly 65* until that water level drops below 60. Gives me time to gradually drain it down I suppose.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No pool heater but pool is also still "open". The hubs wants a pool heater but we don't have natural gas and it would be crazy expensive to run propane lines from the spot where we could put tanks. Electric is also too costly for my blood! So for now, the pool sits open and unused at a chilly 65* until that water level drops below 60. Gives me time to gradually drain it down I suppose.
I did some wake surfing on the Willamette river near Portland and the water was 67 degrees when I jumped in. I wondered why my heart rate went up immediately. Body went into heat preservation mode immediately and the command to get the boat moving so I could get up out of the water on the surfboard. 65 couldn't do it!! I vote for the heater, ha!

• Haha
Reactions: V___25
I did some wake surfing on the Willamette river near Portland and the water was 67 degrees when I jumped in. I wondered why my heart rate went up immediately. Body went into heat preservation mode immediately and the command to get the boat moving so I could get up out of the water on the surfboard. 65 couldn't do it!! I vote for the heater, ha!
Yeah I don't get in the pool unless it's at least 80. He's convinced he can find a way power an electric heater from roof solar panels (not the black tube water heater - actual solar panels). I'd rather just have a hot tub 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: Wolfepack88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.