Jun 29, 2018
Henderson NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello,

I'm in the process of doing an owner builder in ground pool in Henderson NV. Thought I would include some pictures on here as I've enjoyed looking at other people's OB pool build. I'm on an acre so didn't have to worry about fitting a pool in, just budget... Here are a few pics of the 3D drawings.

Screenshot_20180329-140210.jpg

Screenshot_20180329-140244.jpg

Screenshot_20180329-140231.jpg

Screenshot_20180329-140254.jpg

Here are some pics from the journey I've been on so far. I found a great deal on a mini excavator because I wanted to do my own digging. Was lucky an excavation company turned me on to a guy who used to dig pools for them and he helped me get the layout and forms correct. Then he left me to my own devices for a few days and came back to help finish things up. It was awesome!

20180421_134547-2.jpg

Ahhhh, that desert landscape. My old stomping grounds. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing those pics. You might hit your image limit soon though unless you elect to become a TFP Supporter (link below). But we're glad to have you on board either way. Good luck!

Ahhhh, that desert landscape. My old stomping grounds. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing those pics. You might hit your image limit soon though unless you elect to become a TFP Supporter (link below). But we're glad to have you on board either way. Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up.

Current state, still waiting on tile.

20180605_145023-2.jpg

2018-06-09-13-12-47-01-2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Lordy - three pumps! Going to be like the Bellagio ---------

Yes, that's what the designer thought it needed. Think one is for the 4x deck jets and 3x sheer descents. Other is for spa overflow and main one for in floor etc... Also have 2 bubblers on the wet deck, but no idea which pump has those til get this thing up and running. ha.

I really doubt all that stuff would be run at once. A few valves and automation and you could have gone to at least two pumps. But oh well.

All the stuff that aerates (deck jets, descents, etc) will only want to be run for Wow factor. They all will drive up your pH. And you will issues with that anyway with our water.

Are you able to run soft water as your make up water?

How do you plan to chlorinate?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I really doubt all that stuff would be run at once. A few valves and automation and you could have gone to at least two pumps. But oh well.

All the stuff that aerates (deck jets, descents, etc) will only want to be run for Wow factor. They all will drive up your pH. And you will issues with that anyway with our water.

Are you able to run soft water as your make up water?

How do you plan to chlorinate?

Yeah, I have no idea. Had to get electrical load calcs done to get it permitted since it was 3 pumps.

I'm going to install the IC60 salt cell.

Pool is finished up but not landscaping so I thought I should put up a few pics. My family and I have greatly enjoyed the pool and spa the past month even though the water is getting colder (72 to 78 degrees). Just hooked up the 2 hp blower to all 12 spa jets this past weekend and it works awesome. Got my setup somewhat automated with the help of this forum. Didn't have a picture with the deck jets on, but they are nice to run when people are over. The two 4 ft fire trough's are great as well. They get very hot, so much so that the some of the glass was cracking and it even slightly warped the trough's lip. No worries tho as the trough manufacturer sent me two new ones no charge. Now on to planting, irrigation, and low voltage lighting.

5.jpg 4.jpg
2.jpg 1.jpg
3.jpg 6.jpg

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 96
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.