Oak pollen

If it's not catkins, it's acorns. If it's not acorns, it's mower clippings. I know Betta will always find something (hopefully sun!)
Mines been working on mower clippings all day. I think the catkins here are all done as well. It never catches the acorns BTW… those immediately sink to the bottom..

Today I dislodged two frogs/toads from the wall above the water line. A few weeks ago a frog/toad was riding around on top of Betta. I’ve had turtles too but not this year yet. A snake and a crawfish once.
I’ve had lots of frogs and toads. They come during the summer every night after a heavy rain. Moles, mice, a turtle last year that liked to poop on my pool steps and as I mentioned somewhere on here before… snakes! Lots and lots of snakes!

Reactions: Bam Bam
I’ve had lots of frogs and toads. They come during the summer every night after a heavy rain. Moles, mice, a turtle last year that liked to poop on my pool steps and as I mentioned somewhere on here before… snakes! Lots and lots of snakes!
We have copperheads around our area but get what I call garden snakes in the pool. One swam across my sons arm when we was about 11. Didn’t scare him but did everybody else who saw it :)

I found a turtle the size of the skimmer stuck in it. He wasn’t happy when I removed him. I wasn’t happy that he talked back to me!
We probably have 100 turtles in the pond out back, never any on the pool. I think they prefer pond scum. They have laid eggs 10' from the pool.

Reactions: Orion7319
We have copperheads around our area but get what I call garden snakes in the pool. One swam across my sons arm when we was about 11. Didn’t scare him but did everybody else who saw it :)
Lol, they do freak people out!
I found a turtle the size of the skimmer stuck in it. He wasn’t happy when I removed him. I wasn’t happy that he talked back to me!
Can’t say I’ve ever had one talk back to me… don’t think I want to mess with the turtles down in Columbia.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We cut down an Oak that was near the pool because of those darn Catkins. I had my fill of living with Oaks when I was living up north, and now that I'm in FL, I don't want them. I've rescued a couple of harmless snakes so far since moving in last August. The second time I saw a snake in the pool, I thought it was already dead by the way it was floating with its head lower than the rest of its body. But I guess the "rescue net" gave it that extra breath of life and he started moving again! We have a blue heron that visits often to hunt the countless lizards; when he catches one, he dips them in the pool before tossing it down its throat!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.