O/B in Peoria AZ

Thank you all for the well wishes and kind words.

The roller coaster of life..............well Let's just say it S*&@s.
I got furloughed today......:confused:.
Good thing we didn't start the pool yet and are still waiting on drawings.
Hopefully this will not last to long. Waiting on my next project to get funded.

So with that said, a wise man told me once. "Son, don't let the highs get to high. Or the lows get to low." Thanks Dad!!!

The saga continues......

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Pv2 and kimkats
My tummy sunk down when I read that................such a high then such a low.............glad you had not signed on the dotted line yet. Put the plans in a safe place so when this all smooths out they are ready to go when you are ready. HUGS to both of you!!

Again Thank you all so much for your kind words. We will get through this. Just a small bump in the road. And we have 2 Four wheel drive Chevy's!!!!!!!! We don't concern ourselves with bumps.....

Well.....got the construction plans today!!!!!!! I'll Post later so everyone can see what they look like.. Probably will get bids and submit to the city.

Boss man (Who really is a great guy and I feel very bad for him that he has to have these conversations) called today and let me know he really thinks 3 weeks and I am back.
I surely hope so..... I am sorry he has to have these conversations. So hard to do.

Wife is studying for the state certs!!!!!!! And we are planning camping trip while I have some time off.

This ain't over yet. Just a speed bump on the journey we call life.

"Life is 10% of what happens and 90% of what you do about it." ( Jason Schechterle) Look him up. An amazing story. We had him speak at one of our Superintendent meetings. One of the funniest guys I have ever met, and truly a inspiration of quit whining and start doing.

This pool will be built!

Day 4 of the furlough...........
Dear lord what the heck do people that don’t work do all day? I am going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And another thing. Never, never, ever say out loud “I don’t have anything to do”
The overlord has produced a list of things I can work on. Let me tell you. None of it sounds fun at all. Paint this, fix that, clean this, reorganize that. Blow Blaw Blaw. Uggggg

So we compromised. Load up the RV honey. We’re going fishing up on the Rim.

Also received our engineered drawings back. Ready to submit to city and HOA. But that can wait until we get home. in 2 weeks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dear lord what the heck do people that don’t work do all day?

Paint this, fix that, clean this, reorganize that.
This ^^^^^ I have been doing all of my "summer" stuff during this time. I am just about done though........so about to work on the well one day I will.........stuff.

So we compromised. Load up the RV honey. We’re going fishing up on the Rim.
Now THIS is what you should do!!! Have fun!!!

Reactions: mslaman
And were Back!!!!!!!
Home from fishing and back to work June 1st!!!!!!! Wife is studying for the state licencing test......
Now where did I put my hardhat????? Whatever, I'll be submitting the drawings to the city and HOA next week. My buddy said city turn around time is about a week right now.
Getting closer to digging!!!!

Cheers!!! I am getting a beer.

Attachments

• IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    499.2 KB · Views: 34
Welcome home!!!! Back to work?? SWEET! and wife getting her testing fix on!! What will she be able to take THE test??

Thanks Kim. Good to be home and more importantly back to work. Being home all day with nothing to do was nice.....for a day. I get really antsy when I am waiting for something I can’t control. (Like waiting for my bride to get ready to go to the store) ugg. Grab a hat and lets go!

Anywho. All is good. Submitting plans next week. HOA will probably buy me some time to get bids. They say they can take up to 45 days for review. Never thought it would take this long for a review but so be it.

you would think you could get your degree and go take the state test and get to work. Nope that would be way to easy. she has a testing date window of mid June through mid July. which means more study time. The good news with the timing of the licensing is there just happens to be a brand new hospital opening up 15 minuets from our house. And they are hiring! the other bonus is a certain someone, who happens to build hospitals, works very closely with the directors of nursing within the new hospital.....I’ll be buying lots of donuts for the staff. Might help with the hiring process ?

I get really antsy when I am waiting for something I can’t control.
LOL but you do it any way!

she has a testing date window of mid June through mid July
Will they have it in one of the big testing sites? Several of our teachers need to take a test for their Reading Endorsement by July 1st BUT none of the sites are open right now!!! DOE says they are NOT going to extend the deadline :roll: so many teachers will be "teaching out of field" due to this.

Not me though.................Tomorrow I will be OFFICIALLY retired!!!! :party: so I can hop up your way and swim in your pool!

The good news with the timing of the licensing is there just happens to be a brand new hospital opening up 15 minuets from our house
SWEET! Got to love a short commute like that!

And they are hiring! the other bonus is a certain someone, who happens to build hospitals, works very closely with the directors of nursing within the new hospital.....I’ll be buying lots of donuts for the staff. Might help with the hiring process
LOVE IT!!! Will they be offering a sign on bonus? Both of our big hospitals do!

All you gotta do to get women to move....
“FLASH SALE AT ULTA HONEY, HURRY”
Out the door in less then 5 seconds!!!
Rob, Rob, Rob............that does not work on ALL women.............now tell me we are going to Harbor Freight and I am in the truck before you get the words out of your mouth!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.