O/B in Peoria AZ

mslaman

Gold Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Peoria AZ
Thank you all for the well wishes and kind words.

The roller coaster of life..............well Let's just say it S*&@s.
I got furloughed today......:confused:.
Good thing we didn't start the pool yet and are still waiting on drawings.
Hopefully this will not last to long. Waiting on my next project to get funded.

So with that said, a wise man told me once. "Son, don't let the highs get to high. Or the lows get to low." Thanks Dad!!!

The saga continues......

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Pv2 and kimkats

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
My tummy sunk down when I read that................such a high then such a low.............glad you had not signed on the dotted line yet. Put the plans in a safe place so when this all smooths out they are ready to go when you are ready. HUGS to both of you!!

mslaman

Gold Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Peoria AZ
Again Thank you all so much for your kind words. We will get through this. Just a small bump in the road. And we have 2 Four wheel drive Chevy's!!!!!!!! We don't concern ourselves with bumps.....

Well.....got the construction plans today!!!!!!! I'll Post later so everyone can see what they look like.. Probably will get bids and submit to the city.

Boss man (Who really is a great guy and I feel very bad for him that he has to have these conversations) called today and let me know he really thinks 3 weeks and I am back.
I surely hope so..... I am sorry he has to have these conversations. So hard to do.

Wife is studying for the state certs!!!!!!! And we are planning camping trip while I have some time off.

This ain't over yet. Just a speed bump on the journey we call life.

"Life is 10% of what happens and 90% of what you do about it." ( Jason Schechterle) Look him up. An amazing story. We had him speak at one of our Superintendent meetings. One of the funniest guys I have ever met, and truly a inspiration of quit whining and start doing.

This pool will be built!

mslaman

Gold Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Peoria AZ
Day 4 of the furlough...........
Dear lord what the heck do people that don’t work do all day? I am going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And another thing. Never, never, ever say out loud “I don’t have anything to do”
The overlord has produced a list of things I can work on. Let me tell you. None of it sounds fun at all. Paint this, fix that, clean this, reorganize that. Blow Blaw Blaw. Uggggg

So we compromised. Load up the RV honey. We’re going fishing up on the Rim.

Also received our engineered drawings back. Ready to submit to city and HOA. But that can wait until we get home. in 2 weeks.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Dear lord what the heck do people that don’t work do all day?

Paint this, fix that, clean this, reorganize that.
This ^^^^^ I have been doing all of my "summer" stuff during this time. I am just about done though........so about to work on the well one day I will.........stuff.

So we compromised. Load up the RV honey. We’re going fishing up on the Rim.
Now THIS is what you should do!!! Have fun!!!

Reactions: mslaman

mslaman

Gold Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Peoria AZ
And were Back!!!!!!!
Home from fishing and back to work June 1st!!!!!!! Wife is studying for the state licencing test......
Now where did I put my hardhat????? Whatever, I'll be submitting the drawings to the city and HOA next week. My buddy said city turn around time is about a week right now.
Getting closer to digging!!!!

Cheers!!! I am getting a beer.

Attachments