Now what.......

Ive been maintaining pool pretty good here lately amd I tested tonight and now little confused as to which direction to go.....

Here are my results
pH (digital) 7.8
FC 20
CC 0
TA 40
CYA 50

I turned my SWG off and gonna leave off to allow FC to drop.
Pool math says add baking soda to raise TA but that will also raise pH...so thats 1 question.....also do I go ahead and add more CYA to get to 60-80 range?
Water is "clear" but not "crystal" clear but i also vacuumed pool bout hour ago to get alot of sediment off bottom from rain/storm the other night.

Thanks in advance for info

Tom

Ok. :)

That you still have cloudy water concerns me ;) you need to meet 3 criteria to consider SLAM complete.

1. Clear water
2. OCLT loss of 1ppm or less FC
3. CC of less than .5

With that being said, if indeed that has all been met, then yes, you'll want to raise your CYA to reccomended levels. Wait until FC is below 10 to test PH as that can be an unreliable test with FC above 10.

Its clear, i can see bottom very easily but i think that part is do from vacuuming previous hour or so.....gonna let sit overnight and re look at that aspect tomorrow.....
Will add some cya tomorrow to get up to recommended levels....
Anything bout TA? poolmath says add 9lbs baking soda or wait till chlorine comes down

Wait a bit on the TA and see how your PH behaves with the SWG. Or at least don't shoot for a TA higher than 60.

IF and that's a big IF your PH tends to fall, then you may want to adjust TA up a bit more. The two go hand in hand. The idea is to find a sweet spot for your TA where your PH will stay stable. Since running a SWG naturally raises PH with aeration, you may find managing it with TA in the lower part of the range is beneficial.

Okay so checked pool levels tonight after big storm last night and hd to drain a little to keep from overflowing

FC 5
CC 0
CYA 50
pH 7.8
TA 40
Salt 3200

So poolmath i need to add salt and CYA.
IM curious as to why pH is 7.8 and TA 40.....i figured the TA would have to be higher to get pH to rise?
I also turned SWG back on to maintain the FC levels.

Anything else I need to do?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's alot of fc to lose per day for 20k gallons unless ur in solid sun all day long. U can cut that runtime down for sure and bump swg up. At 50% ur making fc for 12 hrs of the 24. At 75% u could run 16hrs same fc made or 100% for 12hrs. Saves electricity unless u need skimming to keep pool clean the turnover ideas of old days are myths. If ur sure u don't have something brewing get water level where it needs to be run full test. Get ur salt in range and bump ur cya up to 70ish and run fc of 5 going forward look on cya/fc chart for actual numbers u won't lose as much once dialed in and stay steady

Yes. Your SWCG is rated for 40000 gallons. So you have a 21000 gallon pool. So during the summer, you need to run your SWCG ~12 hours per day at 100%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.