Notifications

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
Hey Y'all... super busy this time of year, and I don't have as much time as I would like to be on the forum.

That being said, even tho my email is correct in my profile, I'm not getting a notification that I have received a private message. I can't seem to find the setting to enable the feature, it looks like it's on but clearly from the number of my unread messages, I'm not receiving notice to my regular email.

Help ;) and TIA

I’ll look at the server logs once I get home and on a computer BUT my gut says check your Spam folders.

This winter TFP moved its site to a new Data Center and to a new server. TFP has simply outgrown the old server and a change was badly needed. Because we made these changes we received a new IP address which was quickly used to start sending out hundreds upon hundreds of emails per day. These changes likely resulted in emails getting marked as Spam on your account by Google and other email providers.

Check your Spam and let me know if you find them. If you do select “Mark as not Junk” and it should start sending it to your Inbox in the future.

I changed my email address to use my gmail address and turned on the notifications. My notification went to my spam folder.

If only there was some more advanced forum software out there that could take advantage of this brave new mobile device world we live in ... :scratch:

I heard of email once....is that something the cro-magnon man used long ago to send cave-messages??

(Just a little friendly brow-beating for our fearless admin ;) )

I’ll look at the server logs once I get home and on a computer BUT my gut says check your Spam folders.

This winter TFP moved its site to a new Data Center and to a new server. TFP has simply outgrown the old server and a change was badly needed. Because we made these changes we received a new IP address which was quickly used to start sending out hundreds upon hundreds of emails per day. These changes likely resulted in emails getting marked as Spam on your account by Google and other email providers.

Check your Spam and let me know if you find them. If you do select “Mark as not Junk” and it should start sending it to your Inbox in the future.

Nothing in Spam, went back to January. I'm going to try settings again. Thanks :)

- - - Updated - - -

I changed my email address to use my gmail address and turned on the notifications. My notification went to my spam folder.

Hi John! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.