Noticed pool lights on 2AM

khobar

Jan 27, 2017
Mesa
The other morning I woke up at dawn and noticed my pool lights were on. I went to investigate and saw the IC40 chlorinator was lit like Christmas, but the pool pump was not on (it has its own timer). I *thought* maybe the light schedule had gotten mucked up, so later in the day I deleted the pool light schedule altogether.

This morning I woke up 2AM and saw the pool lights were on once again. I shut off the lights via breaker switch.

I double checked the schedule and saw nothing unusual.

I have a Pentair Intellicenter control box since 2006.

I don't recall seeing the pool lights on like this before.

Thoughts on where I should start troubleshooting???

k,

I doubt you have the IntelliCenter, as it has just been released in the past year. I suspect you have an EasyTouch or you have an IntelliTouch... (I see your signature says EasyTouch..)

My first thought is that you have whatever Aux circuit the pool light is on, is set up to come on with "freeze"...

For the light to come on, a relay has to close to turn it on.. Either the relay is closing by itself (bad relay) or the relay is being told to close by the ET..

The reason that I believe it is the freeze control is because the IC40 was "lite up like a Christmas tree".. Assuming your ET is wired correctly, the IC40 should not have lights unless your pump/filter relay is closed.. One thing that would close it, in the middle of the night, would be freeze control..

My guess is the "pool" is set for freeze control, and at some point you accidently set the Aux circuit that controls the light up with freeze control also..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.