Notes on my Intex Ultra Frame 18x9x52 setup

It is now two months to the day since I started-up my pool. This morning I got the "Low Salt" warning (code 91), so I will implement a monthly routine of the following:
Great tip that I took one step further since I have a small ultrasonic cleaner bath in my shop. So I added the vinegar to the ultrasonic, let it heat up a bit and set the ultrasonic timer to 30-mins ....Presto!
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT use petroleum jelly on your seals. Use silicone grease ONLY.

Last edited:
Cletus, if that "membrane" in the video is really the cell of the device you don't want to be over cleaning it. Each time a cell is cleaned with acid the lifespan is shortened.

Only clean when necessary. And normally I never trust the SWG to tell me its low on salt but base my actions on a good salt test (Taylor K-1766). Here in the states cold water can freak the cell out in thinking it is low salt for example, and I'd hate to have someone adding salt they don't really need. In Trinidad I don't think cold water is your issue of course, but just be aware that the device itself can get "confused". My guide is if its making FC, I'm happy. I don't care what the device is saying to me!

Maddie :flower:

Just shy of four months into this pool thing and the sand-filter is now showing signs of needing a backwash, as evidenced of the pressure gauge residing in the yellow zone and the return jet visually less aggressive. I did not like the idea of wasting good saltwater and a bunch of chemicals from my perfectly balanced pool water, so I came up with this backwash rig using tap water. A 30-gal plastic drum. Took 60-gals to complete the backwash and another 30-gals to do the rinse. Simply lock off the in and out from the pool and connect the drum outlet to the pump inlet.
Works a peach!:geek:

Backwash rig.jpg

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Oh Cletus! That looks marvelous! I really like the lighting you've added. A very welcoming pool for sure!

Chemistry maintaining well it seems. Unusual backwash system but hey, it works for ya so that is great!

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
WOWZER! That is some first class work right there!!! So pretty and well done. I LOVE everything about it!! That table is purrfect! Have you eaten inside the house since finishing it??
Hahahaha! ....thank you very much! .......actually that's where we have our meals now .......Coffee at 6:30am tastes so much better out there, fresh air, sound of the water falling and the birds chirping in the surrounding trees! I even often find myself out there with my laptop, doing my business chores!

Was a long weekend here (4-days, Easter Weekend), Latest addition over the weekend was the four kerosene Flambeaux behind the waterfall. I have them filled with a mixture of kerosene and citronella oil. The open flames add a nice inviting touch to the lighting scene, while the citronella tends to keep any bugs at bay.

Reactions: robzkombi
oh neat! can the whole thing go under water? I have someone looking for a small cleaner for spot cleaning in a in ground pool.
Well, there's good news and bad news:
GOOD NEWS: Yes, the whole thing submerges and does a really good job.
BAD NEWS: It only lasted two days. Great idea but poorly constructed and implemented. There are other more expensive units, but the reports and reviews are largely the same. (leakage through impeller motor seal, allowing motor, battery and electronics compartment to slowly become flooded. Amazon gave me a full refund.

• Sad
Reactions: Wobblerlorri

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.