"Not that specific"

Aug 14, 2018
Delaware
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I finally needed to buy some more Taylor R-0871 for my chlorine tests. I saw some horror stories about buying it from Amazon and receiving basically expired reagents. so I called up 3 stores just to see if they carry it. 1 said no, 1 never answered their phone after 3 calls, and the best one.. after being told they need to go look, I get put on hold. another lady answers and tells me. "We don't carry that as our customers don't get that specific"

I instantly thought, man TFP said people at the pool store just want to steal your money, and I'm like, well this confirms it as they want to sell what they want you to buy, not what you as the customers actually wants.

I just got a kick out of it.

Odd, I bet when you go in for a test at their store they show you a readout which is even more specific than 0.2 ppm precision. So what they are likely really saying is "we need to keep our customers coming back for our testing and advice, so giving them the ability to do that at home is bad for our business model".

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.