Not new to pool ownership but new to this pool

S,

If you want the automation to control the salt system, it generally means buying the same brand of SWCG as the automation....

If you are running a standalone salt system, then it does not matter and just pick the one you want.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Alright, right now I’m considering changing my automation to pentair and adding a pentair salt system. Looking at the options as this may be the cheapest way to go!

Ok, new question that popped up as I read through some older forum posts. Will converting to salt cause an issue for my pool deck, coping and rock waterfall? Do I need to seal everything before the conversion is complete?

The main thing to understand is that saltwater pools are only a fraction of ocean-water salinity. The ocean is 35ppt whereas pools are around 3ppt. Even non-saltwater pools have salt in them usually between 1ppt and 2ppt. A saltwater pool has marginally more salt than a non-salt pool.

Reactions: Sunnymosmile
If I were you, I wouldn’t do ANYTHING other than basic maintenance until Spring. You’ll be able to drain and refill using spring rains to knock the CYA down. Until then, you can handle it all with liquid chlorine and Muriatic Acid. Your pool is in surprisingly good shape, but the pool pad still looks new, so perhaps it’s not old enough to have been used and abused by non-TFP methods.

I think with a bit of research, you doing the SWCG swap, and maybe a fairly inexpensive service call from an electrician, you can switch to SWCG in late Winter, early Spring, and be off to the races next Spring with a great pool.

Reactions: Sunnymosmile
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.