Not going to beat the rain on install

eyedoc_01

May 30, 2020
Saint Louis MO
Hey all,

Our 27' round all resin pool install is proceeding...slowly. Walls are up and staked in, have our sand base pretty darn level, will double check diameter and wall level at multiple points tonight.

Next steps are to put down the armor shield, then foam cove, then liner. I had help over the weekend for the pavers and the wall, but probably just me tonight. There is heavy rain in the forecast.

I'm hoping to get the sand tamped again, armor shield on, and possibly foam cove.

Anyone have experience with rain at on a thin Armor Shield pad and foam cove? Since it's all resin can I install with water between wall and liner?

Yeah, so this happened :(

Thanks to all on this forum for the idea to use a siphon to slowly drain it off. Have an inch of water on the sand in the pool. I do have a way to put in 4" black flexible corrugated and connect it to a gutter downspout, but the previous owner of the house never connected it to the street so it collects at the bottom of the front porch stairs. I really don't want all that water at the bottom of the concrete porch stairs.

rsz_1img_1327.jpg

Thanks kimkats. When the water all finally drained I did discover a small leak of sand at the lowest end of the pool. That, and there is about an inch of mud all the way around the pool now. I figure that at the least the mud is putting weight on the bottom rails all along the outside of the pool. That, along with the sand putting weight on the inside rails should hold it steady.

Plan is to put rock dust in area where sand drained out under rail at low spot. But what do you think of digging down and shimming/tapping in a 2"x8"x8" paver under the rail at that spot only?

Thankfully I have a few wheelbarrows of sand left over I put in the sandbox under the swing set to fill in the leak. Foam cove looks fine too. That, and all the rain did a beautiful job leveling out the sand in the pool and taking care of footprints :LOL: In other good news, one more line of storms and then dry for the next week!

Plan is to put rock dust in area where sand drained out under rail at low spot. But what do you think of digging down and shimming/tapping in a 2"x8"x8" paver under the rail at that spot only
Could you take a pic and maybe show where and what you are thinking on the pic? I am not really following what you are saying.

all the rain did a beautiful job leveling out the sand in the pool and taking care of footprints
Well that IS good news lol

Kim:kim:

Here is a picture of inside the pool. You can see where there is a gap under the cove. Also including picture of Outside of pool. It’s now under mud but area is just under left most upright.

So I figure for the sand to get out of the pool the crushed rock had to shift. That's what I was concerned about. So I was wondering about digging 1.5 under to bottom rail halfway between uprights, putting a paver under the rail nice and snug, and tapping it in horizontally between the rail and ground.

Attachments

• 8CE5C4E9-4475-4D17-A027-5517AAC694CA.jpeg
    8CE5C4E9-4475-4D17-A027-5517AAC694CA.jpeg
    535.2 KB · Views: 27
  • C4E2AC0B-11FB-4E85-ADA0-6AF2F3E2A4A7.jpeg
    C4E2AC0B-11FB-4E85-ADA0-6AF2F3E2A4A7.jpeg
    644.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Thanks! I have 2.5" of sand on top of the ground as a base, and the top of the stepper will be level with the ground, so think I should be good.

Unfortunately, we got the wrong size liner and I tried to install it. It...did not go well. On to the next thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.