not enough water inside my filter.

Jul 26, 2017
bakersfield
]i have done everything i could to figure this problem out and i really need some help. It all started with a dirty Pentair CC200 pool filter . I replaced the filter and noticed i did not have enough water pressure, so i replaced the o-ring in the pump motor, the o-ring in the valve, the o-ring in the filter cap, still the same problem. not getting enough water in the filter PSI reads 0 (replaced the gauge). i opened the breathing valve and notice the water does not reach but half way inside the filter , so not getting water enough water pressure. the water level at the pump sunction side looks normal. any advise that might help.

Hi, welcome to TFP! Is the water in the pump strainer pot full to the top with no air pockets in the lid? If yes open the air breather and turn on the pump. When water squirts out of the air breather close the air breather. At this point the filter should be filled. If the filter did not fill there is something blocking the flow between the pool and the pump.

pot strainer looks normal , never got all the way full before same levels now. when i release the air true the air breather water never comes out, i even removed the breather and realized water level only reaches 3/4 of the way up. SInce the water level looks normal would it be possible that the motor is not running right?

Welcome to the forum.

I need more detail on your equipment set up. It is not normal for a pump inlet to not be full of water. Something is wrong here. Any changes made just prior to this issue?

Take care.

non. i thought it could possibly be the filter I replaced so i put the old one back . I have a CC200 pentair filter with a whistleflow pump. i performed numerous sunction tests , but like i said my pot stainer looks fairly full so i presume its a filter issue, but i really dont know .

There should never be air in the pot strainer on the pump. How high is the water level in the pool, is it at least 1/2 way up the skimmer opening, and what type of pool do you have?

Is water flowing out the returns into the pool?

Is your equipment above the pool level?

Have you taken the pump apart to see if there's debris stuck in the impeller?

How full is fairly full in the pump basket? Half, three quarters, one third, etc. or just a small bubble at the top?

Do you see bubbles in the pump basket when it's running?

the water is returning , but not the with usual pressure.
have not changed the location , so i assume its leveled. The pool unit is 4 yrs old and never had this problem.
the pool basket gets as full as usal which is 98% with 1 or 2 small bubbles. I always seen it running this way.
1 or 2 small bubbles, i think its normal but not sure.

thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
pressure before was between 10-15 PSI.
not a 2 speed.
What do you mean by eye balls on the return? are you refering to my discharge ports.?

- - - Updated - - -

this is a Pentair cc200 pool filter with a Whisperflow 1.5HP motor pump.
Inground pool system.

Motors don't slow down when they're going out without some pretty good evidence that it's happening. And even then, they don't run for very long. So I doubt that it's the motor. Especially since it isn't a 2-speed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.