Roswell GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
You guys have ruined me for public pools. I’m now that annoying guy who wants to tell everyone that the pool isn’t safe or sanitary. I hold off but I’m sure not swimming in it. Notice you can’t see anyone’s legs.

On on my travels a view tonight out of my room........

Attachments

• 5DDF91AB-15C3-46A8-8BFD-6E6C00EA1A35.jpg
    5DDF91AB-15C3-46A8-8BFD-6E6C00EA1A35.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 383
I’ve gotten so used to seeing clear, read a quarter heads or tails clear pool, that this just looks disgusting.

I’ve gotten so used to seeing clear, read a quarter heads or tails clear pool, that this just looks disgusting.
The pool I got shut down... it had a spillover hot tub that had a layer of foam about a foot high in one corner. You could see the pool through a window to the breakfast room. A woman was doing her power walking/water aerobics in the pool. Waist deep only and you couldn't see her feet!

The pool I got shut down... it had a spillover hot tub that had a layer of foam about a foot high in one corner. You could see the pool through a window to the breakfast room. A woman was doing her power walking/water aerobics in the pool. Waist deep only and you couldn't see her feet!
I read that thread. Good work. Lucky no one got sick. I’m glad I have more knowledge but I’m turning into a pool snob.

I had a bit of a tough time last Friday at the local water park. I couldn't not go, it was my boy's birthday party. And I couldn't not go in the water, because when my 3-year-old princess (his little sister) wants something, she gets it. Period. So I tip-toed in. It wasn't as bad as I feared. I could see the bottom. No CC smell. They had these umbrella fall things, water running off an 8' mushroom shape, and it was 105°, so I "showered" throughout the day. No choice. That was the only time I could smell the CC, when the water was sort or aerosolized over my head and face and nose. I survived. Yes, I was showering in pee. What'ya gonna do.

Learning TFPC is kinda like watching Jaws for the first time. Some things you just can't un-know... some things are just never going to be the same once you do...

Nope, nope, nope! We had an option of staying in a motel with a "group" hot tub...........just nope! The pool was no better...again nope! The smell of the "chlorine" was so strong we could smell it inside the room. We asked to be moved "But that means it is clean".....nope.

I was already a snob, based on a general notion that most public pools and hot tubs have to be risky. Now I'm fully TFP educated and downright hopeless.

DD had a friend ( age 10) over last week. She said "wow, your pool is so nice and clear! Yesterday I was at a friend's and it was awful cloudy". Out of the mouth of babes!

I had a bit of a tough time last Friday at the local water park. I couldn't not go, it was my boy's birthday party. And I couldn't not go in the water, because when my 3-year-old princess (his little sister) wants something, she gets it. Period. So I tip-toed in. It wasn't as bad as I feared. I could see the bottom. No CC smell. They had these umbrella fall things, water running off an 8' mushroom shape, and it was 105°, so I "showered" throughout the day. No choice. That was the only time I could smell the CC, when the water was sort or aerosolized over my head and face and nose. I survived. Yes, I was showering in pee. What'ya gonna do.

Learning TFPC is kinda like watching Jaws for the first time. Some things you just can't un-know... some things are just never going to be the same once you do...

You know you have cooties now right? :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Prior to having a pool and learning TFP, I always thought "it's ok, the water will conceal my chunky butt and thighs!" NNot with TFP water it doesn't...one of the only negatives I can find (The other is being able to see every spec of dirt on the bottom)!

I know now what you mean. Every blemish now shows up in my plaster. It’s like looking through a magnifying glass to the imperfections. Just another project down the road.

I can see the ledge on one side of our pool that is about 2 feet down from well over 80' away...heck I can even see my bottom drain from that distance...soooooo no hiding anything in our pool. TFP so rocks!

I’ve turned into SUCH a pool snob. Granddaughter (age 3) lives in the suburbs of Boston. We’re babysitting tomorrow and it s going to be in the 80’s. I asked her parents if we could bring her to our house for playing in the pool. If you want to do all that driving, that’s up to you, but theres a public pool down the street. A PUBLIC POOL.??? Oh, I don’t think so. It’s an hour to our house and a hour back. It’s worth it.

I'm venturing into a public pool today with my granddaughter. I'm going to take a sample of water before I leave.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.