Northeast oklahoma pool closing

Tinythemule

Jun 28, 2020
Tulsa Ok
I am in Tulsa oklahoma, 2nd year with my fiberglass pool. Paid a service last year to install that cover that hold an elephant and included in that was pool closing. They came back in spring and installed a heat pump/chiller and hand rails and opened the pool for me. Couldn’t get ahold of them this year so closing it myself.

I have read about blowing out pool lines and understand the concept. Problem is, without repointing my system, I don’t see how I can blow out my returns. I am almost positive they didn’t blow out anything last year…..but I do emphasize almost.

I can see how to adapt something to blow out my skimmer line back towards the pump, but nothing else. So if anyone can help me with this, that would be great. But this leads me to my bigger question is, do I really need to…..in northeast oklahoma?

I have the filters cleaned and set out to dry. I’ve got the pvc connections between filter, pump and heat pump broken apart and drained.

Look at pics and tell me how I can blow this out without redoing all the pvc. I know the system was all shut down last winter and I don’t want to run my system for the next 4 months.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 9DBF80CA-C2DC-4A42-866B-79561DC918BF.jpeg
    9DBF80CA-C2DC-4A42-866B-79561DC918BF.jpeg
    629.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 4CE56385-08B6-4467-A55F-2277D0211BF1.jpeg
    4CE56385-08B6-4467-A55F-2277D0211BF1.jpeg
    583.1 KB · Views: 10
With everything apart, now you just need to improvise a bit to get air attached to the return side. Looks like the heater is disconnected, but I can't tell if you can get enough space at that union to attached a pressure hose. If not, you might try to remove the 3-way valve cover ( 8 screws) and try to push air from there. Some might also drop their air hose in and push backwards from the return jet to the pad. I'm sure more replies will follow to assist.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.