Normal to get green film on bottom between brushings?

slick-rides

Jul 8, 2021
Cleveland, OH
My FC is plenty high(on purpose) and didn't show any CC. I just got done brushing and could see a light film of green in some spots on the bottom. It released/clouded up in the water with 2 passes of the brush. Is this normal or do I have an algae problem trying to come back? It did rain 2.5 inches overnight. Enough so that my CYA reading dropped to 40 and I'm pumping some water out of the pool. MY poolmath log should be visable under profile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717-142326.png
    Screenshot_20210717-142326.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 5
Interesting, I would say it dropped in areas and a bloom is trying to start on you again... Because of the rain the pool could have had areas that had no chlorine in them or very little even though you had areas that had 11 fc...

How long are you running your pump?

it looks like you just finished a SLAM.. it may not have been completely gone and 2 days ago you still had 0.5 cc..

I would start the SLAM again for a couple days and do another Overnight Chlorine Loss Test Sunday night and Monday morning.. :)

Yes, slammed the pool last week. Made sure passed oclt 2 nights in a row. Last night was the 1st time I didn't have the filter run 24hrs. Had it shut off at 9:30pm(dark) and come back on 8:30am. I programmed timer to also run the pump for 30min at 12:30am and 4:30am, so the water didn't sit stagnant all night.

Did you clean your ladder during your slam? You should not be having algae return according to your poolmath logs. As long as the water is clear and you are at slam level or less you are safe to swim. Since slam level is 16 for your pool, any thing 16ppm or under should be fine for swimming.

Did you clean your ladder during your slam? You should not be having algae return according to your poolmath logs. As long as the water is clear and you are at slam level or less you are safe to swim. Since slam level is 16 for your pool, any thing 16ppm or under should be fine for swimming.
Ladder has been out of the pool the whole time. Only put ladder in when swimming for safety reasons. This is not a permanent pool, just an Intex style. I actually was slamming the pool even before I started entering logs. I didn't have a proper test kit until I started the logs though.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Well, I didn't get up early enough to do the OCLT. Pool is crystal clear with perfectly clean bottom. Kid is about to swim if they can bear the cold water.

Question about adding bleach if I put the solar cover on. Is it a big no-no if I slowly add the bleach through the skimmer? How should I add with cover on?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.