Gold Supporter
May 21, 2017
Croswell, Michigan
I am a recent bacqucil convert --- finished a month ago. My numbers:

FC 0
pH 7.5
TA 130
CYA 50

I'm adding 1 gal 1 cup nightly to get to 5.0........in morning it is still 5.0, but by nightfall i'm back to 0 of FC. Pool in sun all day.

Is this consumption of chlorine normal?

I will test the CC in morning ....

Thanks

I'm in full sun as well, but in Michigan with a bit cooler weather!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok...forgot about that extra chart! The CYA is tough to read with bifocals!

Right now:

FC 1.5
CC 0.5
pH 7.5
TA 170
CYA 50

I usually dose up at night, but will get up to 8 and will test again after dark.

THANKS.....then we are heading out for a three day weekend....next week.....how do you handle that!

Ok...I dosed up at 12:20pm to get to FC8 ---- 1.4 gallons of 12.5% ....30 minutes later, it was 5.0...now at 3:00pm it is FC - 0 again. I back washed before I did any of this to clean filter, we have checked behind the steps, and the pool is beautifully clean. I'm having kids vacuum up any bits of dirt/sand (we live on dirt road).

We have it covered when not using and have full sun from morning until about 5:30/6:00pm each day. When I tested for two nights straight and then next morning I had no chlorine loss.

I have been using some 2 in 1 tablets given to me in a floater. I'll stop that and see if things change.

Any other suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

The CC was 0.5....I redid the CYA and it is 50. Dosed up today to FC8 and within three hours it was FC 0 (gone). I had back washed prior to adding 1.4 gallons of 12.5%, behind steps checked. I'm out of ideas!!! The overnight OCLT's did not lose any FC (same at night and in morning).

I was given some 2 in 1 tablets (3") that I've put in a floater....I will take those out...maybe something in that is eating the chlorine?

Any thoughts?

Also, today while vacuuming, I found very tiny new growth of leafy plant...very tiny, extremely tiny. We have an oak tree next to the pool, not sure if it is dropping something. When we vacuum, I use a 'sock' over the skimmer basket to collect stuff....that is where I found the tiny things.....maybe 4 or 5; had maybe 1/2 cup of stuff vacuumed up - leaves, bugs and tree droppings.

Will get to FC 8 tonight and see what I have first thing in morning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.