Daddydave

Jun 16, 2019
Versailles ky.
Fc 2
Cc 1
Ta 110
Cya 30 " multiple test add little more to tube down to 28 losing black dot"
Ph 7.8
Ran out of time and not get calcium hard test.
Bought test kit forum recommend.

Small pool 10'x30" filled to about 26". Roughly 1200 gallons.
82 dergree in morning to 90 evening.
Clear water.
Fresh fill this past saturday.
Using liquid chroline from walmart. 10%
Small amount stablizer monday. Sock method.
Run pump about 8 to 10 hour days.

I been adding liquid chroline everyday. Not really losing at night but definitely losing during the day.
Pool is in sun all day.
We did have alot of rain thats when ph went up.
I think i need more stablizer. Not sure how much.
I bought clorox ph down at walmart. Could not find muraic acid. I can order if i need to.
The ph down i calls for about add oz. But its dry. I feel stupid not sure how to weigh out oz no dry measuring device. Ill order one or firgure it out rob something from our kitchen.

Sorry lots of info.
Trying get it out there.
Thank you

Your FC should be 4-6 with CYA of 30. See FC/CYA Levels

Any pH in the 7's is ok. In your pool that you are going to dump the water at the end of the season you can use pH Down instead of MA if that is what you have.

CH does not matter for you. TA is fine.

CYA 30 is fine. You can raise it 10 ppm to 40 if you want.

Focus on your FC level.

Enjoy your pool. Go swim.

Free chlorine running too low. Your target for 30 CYA is 4-6.

If you are losing more than 3 or 4ppm per day, you may try upping the stablizer level to 40 or 50 but for now 30 is fine ... will need to add more in a few months so check monthly.

I highly doubt you can order muriatic acid via mail. Check hardware stores or pool stores.

You can use Pool Math app to calculate how much dry acid by weight or volume you need to add to drop the pH.

You don't have to be super exact. Try adding 1/2 and then retesting. You can always add more. Harder to take out or reverse.

You're doing good so far. Be sure to read up in Pool School (link on the left hand side of the page) and post more questions along the way.

Most important to keep you FC in the zone for your CYA FC/CYA Levels

Add your liquid chlorine after sunset. Anticipate high FC demand ie. pool parties with lots of kids, by raising your FC to your upper target level prior to and after the crowd.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.