Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Greetings,

I've been lurking around here for the last few weeks, reading and learning what I can. Great site.

We're scheduled to start our installation next Monday, so I thought I'd play around with our tap water, which will also be our fill water.

All I've done is the pH, TA and CH and with our notoriously soft Mississippi water, the CH came in at a low 25. The pH was normal at 7.8, and the TA was rather high at 130.

If I've understood what I've read and considering a FG v plaster start up, a couple of things I've been pondering, if you please...

Hypothetically, if I were doing the start up myself, and all other parameters being somewhat normal, would my priorities be
1) get the FC up to 3.0, day 1, then liquid chlorine to maintain FC/CYA ratio while the next 2 things occur
2) get the CYA up to 70 over the next few days (assuming a 0 start point)
3) get the salt up to 3400 per the mfg, likely done simultaneously with the CYA (also assuming a 0 start)
4) fire up the SWG once the first 3 are stable at 100% at 16 hours run time

Also, how critical will it be to get the TA down and the CH up (a bunch) right off the bat??

Any thoughts anyone would like to share would be appreciated.

FC
pH 7.8
TA 130
CH 25
CYA
Salt

Are we talking fiberglass startup or plaster?

CH is not important for a fiberglass pool unless the manufacture recommends a level for warranty.

Your TA is fine to start and your TA will come down as you adjust the pH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.