Noob: Help with SWG setting

tpirovol

Jun 17, 2020
Toronto
Hi Everyone,

I am new to pools and to this forum. As you can see from my signature I have the below equipment. I had the pool installed Saturday and having a hard time balancing things. I will explain what I have done below but basically trying to get my SWG to the right value where should it be?

Sunday - Filled pool and shocked it with Aqua Costal Shock Clorination, Added salt in the evening
Monday - Turned on SWG and set it to 5 (All levels where good except for calcium)
Tuesday - FCL was 0 set SWG to 15% added calcium (2800g), CYA (750g) Mursatt Stabilizer
Wednesday - FCL 1, CYA (20) left super chlorinate on all day value of FCL was still 1 so I added chlorine at 7pm and turned the SWG to 50%
Today (10am) - FCL is 10, CYA is 20 all the rest are ok (salt is 3400 up from 3200 the past 2 days), adjusted the SWG to 15% water temp is 82

What should I do to
1) Get the FCL down so my kids can swim
2) Adjust the SWG so it doesn't drop when the FCL drops
3) When should I adjust my CYA I read after a week

Thanks T

1) Get the FCL down so my kids can swim

It is supposed to be safe to swim when Chlorine/CYA is at the SLAM level or below. Sounds like you are right at the edge. CL will go down as the pool is exposed to sunlight though the day.

2) Adjust the SWG so it doesn't drop when the FCL drops

I don't know what this means. The SWCG should be generating the chlorine. It doesn't react to the chlorine.

3) When should I adjust my CYA I read after a week

If the CYA you've added is dissolved and mixed in, and the level is still low, you can add more. It is generally advised to add it in halves so as not to overshoot. How ever much you calculate that you need, add half that and retest.

As far as adjusting the SWCG goes, I have mine set to 50% right now and am adjust the time it is on to control the CL. That way, I can also reduce the time the pump is on and save energy. How much are you running the pump?

Sorry used the wrong numbers: For a 15K Acuatrol(T-15) in a 66.5k gal pool you need to run 100% for 24 hrs to produce 2.6ppm of FC. This means your cell is under rated for your pool. Are you sure your pool volume is 66,500 gallons?? Ive never seen an AGP that large. Can you take a picture of your SWG? That will help a lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.