non stop plumes of sand shooting in pool. party tmmrw

rsharp

Jun 12, 2010
every time i turn the pump on giant plumes of sand shoot into the pool. what do i do. im gonna sifon the sand the sand from the bottom but what do i do about the filter.

rsharp

Jun 12, 2010
so should i take the sand filter apart and check it out. and get back with you. i will say that the very first time i turned the pump on this year (yesterday) a small plume of sand went into the pool and that was it. then i tried to vacuum the sand up witch clogged the pump (just now fixed that) and now every time i turn on the pump sand blows in. i will get back with ya when i take the sand filter apart.

rsharp

Jun 12, 2010
I took it apart and there is a large crack going all the way down the long vertical piece going into the sand filter!

rsharp

Jun 12, 2010
yeah im gonna take all the sand out and replace the lateral and put in new sand. seems like an easy fix!!

rsharp

Jun 12, 2010
well i thought i could just buy the lateral (pipe piece). evidently you have to buy the whole assembly. now i gotta spend $70 bucks on the darned thing. never ending. pretty sonn there wont be anything to replace :) .....LOL

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Kinda like fixing something on your car. One thing leads to another, leads to another, leads to another.... Now you're making me sad! :(

Once you get it all replaced/repaired then it'll be smooth sailing. :)