Non stop bubbles in Polaris line

Jun 19, 2014
Dallas TX
Help! The pressure side pool cleaner line keeps burping. The flow is very weak too. Polaris floats and won't clean.

I've disassembled, cleaned, lubed, and reassembled the booster. I checked all the joints in front (and behind) the booster pump. I don't hear air.

Cleaned baskets and skimmers, pool is full.

I should also note, the air never comes out the other jets. Other times when the air gets in from low level or basket lid or something, the air returns to the pool jets. It seems the air is entering after the filter, I think...

I should also note the SWG was serviced right as I noticed the problem, not sure if it could be related.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Post pics of your equipment pad.

Look carefully at the pipe running into the suction side of the booster pump and ist connections on both ends.

Air does not come into the pressure side of equipment like the filter. Any leak will push water out and not suck air in.

The pipe into your booster pump is the likely source of a suction air leak only in the Polaris feed.

As far as I can tell my booster is on the pressure side (after the filter).

The feed hose to the booster is suction to that pump.

It has a hose that feeds it, not a pipe. I examined and tightened all the fittings.

You have a kink in the hose that can create lots of turbulence into the pump qand reduce the flow.

I would replace the feed hose and try and reduce the bends in it.

20220611_081413.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.