Non Chlorine Pool

Purples my favourite colour so I'm quite pleased with this test from a purely aesthetic point of view :colors:

Glad you've gotten some good advice here and I agree, it doesn't sound like an issue especially with the other stuff in your water and your pool being seasonal. And if the water looks and feels great and isn't causing any issues then I guess the CH is good to know but not important :cheers:

I keep my FC on the high end of normal during the rainy time. It makes me feel happy so......

Keep an eye on the water level and dump water as needed to try to keep it from overflowing.

Once it is done raining test and relevel as needed. The PH might be crazy high due to the rain.

Good luck and stay safe!

Kim:kim:

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone who helped me with my pool this summer, the pool has never been so clear and easy to maintain, it was such a pleasure to swim in, but as its a seasonal pool its getting cooler so soon we will be storing it away for the winter :( and I will miss swimming in it. ive had friends swim in it that had skin conditions and were unable to swim because it would flare up, that never happend in my pool infact it actually help their condition! But Ive had a friend ask me about her pool, so I have tested her water and was hoping I could get some input from you guys.
This is what I know about her pool
Its 56700L, BG fibreglass, is salt water and has a sand filter,
These are the numbers with my test kit
C-8.5
CC-0
PH- 7.2
TA- 75
CAL H-50
CYA- is 20 or under
Salt 5390
She initially told me that her pool was cloudy and as she works in a hardware she used their testing machine which told her to dump alot of chlorine in and that has brought the level up to where it is now as it was at 2
She only ran the pump for about 4 hours a day I told her to run it non stop and will find out today if it has cleared, I also told her to turn her SWG down.
The fill water is town water.
What sre your thoughts on the numbers?

You've got lots of experience now and it's great to hear about your success. Here's the recommended levels, which include a category for fibreglass pools. Pool School - Recommended Levels

It looks like the CH and CYA are low, but otherwise not too bad. If the pool is cloudy, I would do an OCLT to find out if there's algae being killed off at night, and if so, then SLAM the pool to get rid of the algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.