No pump for a week. This is what my pool looks like.

PointeTaken

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2019
Hoover, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
My 12 year old pump motor bit the dust a week ago today. When I found out I wouldn’t be getting another motor for about a week without paying $150 for expedited shipping, I was a bit apprehensive about whether I could keep my sparking pool clear and blue. Thanks to some of the principles and confidence gained from this site over the past couple of months, my pool looks like this after ZERO powered circulation or SWG for a week despite daily temps in the upper 90’s. So I guess I’m saying thanks, and let this be a testament that “it’s not very hard.”

63564452-B09D-4B6D-AD52-67EBC8C5514E.jpeg

(By the way, my new motor - I upgraded to a dual speed - arrived today and I’m swapping it out this weekend. I’m super excited at the prospect of saving up to roughly $40-50 per month by my calculations!)

Also shows pump runtimes are not needed to keep a pool clear. Supports that pool turnover is a myth.

Reactions: PointeTaken
Also shows pump runtimes are not needed to keep a pool clear. Supports that pool turnover is a myth.

Indeed. Definitely missing my skimmer for all these annoying bugs and the dirt, but no need to run it any longer than necessary for the SWG to do its thing.

So how did you do it?

Added bleach when needed (in front of garden hose to prevent it from dropping straight to bottom), followed by a good vigorous brushing. Brushed once a day (even missed an entire day), ran the robot every other day, and kept the leaves, bugs and junk skimmed as much as possible. That’s about it. Having fiberglass liner helped I’m sure. I installed the new motor this morning and absolutely love it. Probably will spend the next couple of days tweaking and seeing what I can get away with for run time.

Reactions: Neemer
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.