steve454

May 15, 2020
Spring, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
No pressure( 2nd gauge) and not cleaning well. Had some sand in pool. I figured that I had a broken lateral so I took everything apart. Everything looks good as far as I can see. Going to put back with new sand. Flow and pressure coming into pool is great and backwashing pressure.
About a year ago I performed a deep cleaning of the sand. Couldn't believe how dirty it was and I thought that the aggressive cleaning may have hurt a lateral. But now that I have looked at them I don't see a crack or holes.
Any ideas what could be the problem?

Hayward S310S 500 pound Sand filter.
1/1/2 HP Hayward superpump
IMG_2478.jpgIMG_2479.jpgIMG_2478.jpgIMG_2479.jpg

Thanks for the welcome! Problem resolved. Pilot error. While checking everything out I took out gauge and had gunk on tip so that's why I had no pressure. Replaced the 500 pounds of sand and pressure good and no more sand coming out anymore. I think that when I put in 50lbs. of sand about a year ago must have been too fine. I used the sand that Ace Hardware sells. New sand from pool store. I'm hoping that everything is good now.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.