No power to Intex 2100 sand filter pump

Jun 13, 2021
Washington DC
Hello, I've looked all over and cannot find any solution to this problem so I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I have the Intex/Krystal filter pump as above, purchased new last year for an above ground pool. I just set up the pool for the season and the pump worked fine, and was running regularly for about a week. We had a number of bad rainstorms over the last few days (may or may not be related), and when I went to check the pump, there is no power at all.

All outlets are fine (I tested the pump with multiple outlets). I changed the GFCI plug to a new one but it made no difference (The old one seemed fine, dry, fuse was working etc).

I opened the whole thing up and there is no visible damage, no water, nothing fried. I tested the power with a multimeter and power is running from the plug to the circuit board. From there -- nothing. No red light indicator on the panel, no clicks, no hums, nothing. Just dead.

Beyond turning this in for the warranty (which may take months to get a replacement), is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any thoughts.
SS

Beyond turning this in for the warranty (which may take months to get a replacement), is there anything I can do?
I don't think so. I don't recall if there is even a small start capacitor on those that you could even change. So much for those Intex products contain proprietary parts it could be difficult to do much on your own or from an online store. Tomorrow you might try calling InyoPools as I believe they may have some tech tips to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.