No power to Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator

I bought the new thermistor and removed my board so I could replace the thermistor, but I can't get the old wires out of the board. In the videos I watched they used a braid and/or a solder sucker to remove the old solder so I went to a tool store and home depot and neither store carries anything to remove old solder. Also, the back of my board looks different from the others I saw - there is no silver base where the solder is, it's just a tiny dot like the rest of the board. Can anyone tell me what I can do to remove the old wires? If I just hold the iron on the back side solder and pull the wire with pliers will it come out? (Also the old thermistor was rotten and broke apart when I touched it.) I've attached photos of my board on both sides.

Attachments

• IMG_4875.JPG
    IMG_4875.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4877.JPG
    IMG_4877.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 4
Just heat the solder and pull the wire out.

Use a vacuum one one side with a short tube or straw and heat up the solder from the opposite side and the vacuum will get the solder when it melts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.