No ground wire to the motor

You found information for a 120V T101 timer. You have a 240V T104 timer.

Please get an electrician involved.
Thanks very much, Allen. The box has letters 101R there, so it confused me. Now I understand the wiring. The two red wires and the green one go left to the salt generator. Five wires to the right. The two connected to terminals 2 and 4 go to the pump, and the other three (the blue wire, and the two connected to terminals 1 and 3) connected to the power supply (the blue wire connected to the ground wire). Thus, there is no ground wire to the pump, but the salt generator is grounded. So, I think I can just add a ground wire for the pump? Thanks again.

Add a ground wire for the pump running from where to where?

Someone put a T104 mechanism in a T101 box.

Can I make a suggestion? spray round up or prune all those vines/branches/leaves away from your electrical boxes. last thing you need is a vine making into that timer box thru that one partially open knock out on the bottom and making contact with a hot screw terminal. Looks like a fire waiting to happen.

Can I make a suggestion? spray round up or prune all those vines/branches/leaves away from your electrical boxes. last thing you need is a vine making into that timer box thru that one partially open knock out on the bottom and making contact with a hot screw terminal. Looks like a fire waiting to happen.
Thanks very much for the suggestion. I do pay attention to it and trim around the boxes. Maybe I should cut it more to make the boxes clear. Thanks again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you cannot identify the hot wires that go to the circuit breaker and the ground wire that connects to the breaker panel then you should bring an electrician in.

Reactions: proavia
You need an electrician to clean all that up. Its 2 hours max for a pro. He will get you a gfci setup for the pump. The few hundred ould save somebody's life, especially a loved one. I cant offer you help on this as I'm reading this thread amd you vamt identify what goes where or what it is. This is an accident waiting to happen.

Reactions: magiteck
You need an electrician to clean all that up. Its 2 hours max for a pro. He will get you a gfci setup for the pump. The few hundred ould save somebody's life, especially a loved one. I cant offer you help on this as I'm reading this thread amd you vamt identify what goes where or what it is. This is an accident waiting to happen.
Thanks very much for offering your help! I figured it out and replaced the variable speed motor. Thanks again!

Agreed. PLEASE don't just ask an electrician over the phone. I also hate to spend money needlessly, but sometimes you need a pro, and will have to bite the bullet. In your situation, I too would be in over my head. Be safe. Actually pay a pro to come out and sort everything out before you or a loved one die while trying to save a few bucks.

I just did this last season with the electrical on my heat pump. I remember paying the guy a fair amount to come out and do the job; it seemed like a lot at the time. But, honestly, one year later, I couldn't tell you whether is was $50 or $200. But I can tell you we're all still alive. Money well spent!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.