No Free Chlorine in TN

To All Who Helped,
Thank you all for your input with the shock process.It appears that the pool is alive and well.Water appears to be balanced and holding free chlorine just fine.It does seem to vary by the amount of heat/sunlight the pool sees.Will have to fine tune it as the season goes on.The FAS-DPD kit helped a lot.Still have much to learn,so I will watch the forums and learn from others misfortune as well as my own.

SLUGGO

Do not remember seeing anything mentioned on the use of algaecide or Pool Perfect. Should I be using this stuff or should I chuck it ? If the water is kept in balance with the parameters you have here,is there even a need ?

SLUGGO60 said:
Do not remember seeing anything mentioned on the use of algaecide or Pool Perfect. Should I be using this stuff or should I chuck it ? If the water is kept in balance with the parameters you have here,is there even a need ?
The right kind of algaecide (Poly[oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride0 can be useful for winterizing... or when the FC is zero to do an ascorbic acid treatment...or maybe before you go on vacation and don't really trust the caretaker you've left behind. But normally, no. If it's not Polyquat, toss it.

Pool perfect is handy to have around in case someone creates an oil slick by spilling a bottle of sunscreen, or drops some greasy food in, whatever. I wouldn;t buy it just to have it around, but since you already have it, hang onto it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.