No Flow on new Jandy Aquapure SWG

wuthrirc

May 16, 2019
Wichita Falls, TX
Pool builder added 400 pounds of salt one week ago (pool was 1 month old at that time). Brushed well and set chlorine production rate to 100% on Jandy Aquapure model PLC 1400 SW system. Ran pump for 48 hours straight and have been running 18 hours per day since. When I test for FC, the reading is always .5 or 1. Texted the pool builder and he said not to worry. But from what I have read here, the FC should be between 1 and 3. When I check the readings on the Aqualink, sometimes the "CELL ON" and "FLOW" lights are green. Sometimes, "CELL REVERSING" is also on. However, many times when I check, the only light that is on is "POWER ON" and the display says "Chlorine Production 100% No Flow". If the pump is running and the chlorine production rate is set to 100%, shouldn't there always be flow? Service light is never on and Salinity is usually 3.4 or 3.5

Welcome to the Jandy Aquapure 1400 club. I get the no flow errors all the time and I've had them on and off for years. I used to replace the flow sensor and it would help for a bit, but it would always return.

I had the older square one for years and it had that problem a few times. That one cracked one winter, maybe 3 years ago and I got the round-ish one they have now. This one has a weird box inline with the sensor wire that has two buttons on it. I think they did this to combat this very problem, but I'm not sure. Either way, I too get the no flow error with the new cell and sensor too. The new cell, the no flow comes and goes, and with the unit set at about 30% it maintains my FC at about 2.5. If I'm outside working, I'll hear the control box beeping now and then, and if I bother to look the error code is usually no flow.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but you should take it up with you PB.

I keep thinking that one day I'll try to figure out how to hotwire it to think waters always flowing, but I haven't gotten there yet.

Welcome to the Jandy Aquapure 1400 club. I get the no flow errors all the time and I've had them on and off for years. I used to replace the flow sensor and it would help for a bit, but it would always return.

I had the older square one for years and it had that problem a few times. That one cracked one winter, maybe 3 years ago and I got the round-ish one they have now. This one has a weird box inline with the sensor wire that has two buttons on it. I think they did this to combat this very problem, but I'm not sure. Either way, I too get the no flow error with the new cell and sensor too. The new cell, the no flow comes and goes, and with the unit set at about 30% it maintains my FC at about 2.5. If I'm outside working, I'll hear the control box beeping now and then, and if I bother to look the error code is usually no flow.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but you should take it up with you PB.

I keep thinking that one day I'll try to figure out how to hotwire it to think waters always flowing, but I haven't gotten there yet.
Thanks very much for the reply. At least you are getting more chlorine production even though you get "No Flow"!

A truly unsafe practice. SWCG's do explode if run without water running through them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.